cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why would my text file download

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

does not work, I cannot send or download pictures via text, my internet works fine now 

16 REPLIES 16

dboxtvinfo715

i have no clue what info I have sent of private , total dis agree

what personal

@dboxtvinfo715  Happy to hear you managed to solve your issue with MMS. Was this post an update to your question last week that you already thought was solved with your data?

@dboxtvinfo715  your original post gives the advice needed to fix this issue.  To make a secondary post with the same information to gives yourself a self solution was not required and self solutions are frowned upon in the.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dboxtvinfo715

Click cellular network

then access point 

then public mobile 

then under APN 

click: add MMS checkbox

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

Check mms box in APN

from cellular networks and access point,  click on public mobile too modify and save setting

@dboxtvinfo715Yes configuring your APN / enabling mobile data fixes MMS not sending issues in almost every case. Next time someone asks for help because their MMS is not sending, let them know to help out.

dboxtvinfo715

Check mms box in APN

from cellular networks and access point,  click on public mobile too modify and save setting

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This thread looks like some sort of bait to me and not a genuine customer problem.  I will bite and provide the necessary APN settings information.  The APN settings are as follows.   There are 4 entries related to MMS; MMSC, MMS proxy, MMS port, and APN type.  

APN Settings:
Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

dboxtvinfo715

Off

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

type all that where?

I'm running Android 8. Your version might be different.

Settings, Connections, Mobile networks, Access Point Names, touch one that says sp.mb.com as a detail, scroll down to APN Type, touch APN Type - start typing. No spaces. Commas between.

dboxtvinfo715

type all that where?

dboxtvinfo715

seems simple, gonna try

@hairbag1 wrote:

Enable roaming and data.

Roaming/roaming data doesn't need to be turned on to receive MMS - unless you're in the U.S.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715  MMS requires data to be on. Note it doesn't use any data but needs to be on and your APN Type field must contain mms as part of the value. 

Edit: Ninjad.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

does not work, I cannot send or download pictures via text, my internet works fine now 

If you have an Android and you can edit the APN then try adding mms to the APN Type line of text (if not already there).

Like this:

APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Enable roaming and data.

Need Help? Let's chat.