when to change a plan

gorf19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the following:

• - 1.5GB at 3G Speed /90 Days
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

My plan automatically restarts on May 26. I'm on auto pay

On May 31st I leave for BC and then the Maritimes. I would need Canada wide talk instead of Provincial. I presume the data is good Canada wide.

Do I change when my plan comes due or wait until the 31st?  I don't need this after July 1st, will it still be in effect for the full 90 day period?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@LaOmbra wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

And if you would like to never miss any promotion from Public Mobile or any other announcement, follow the instructions here:
How to get notified of ANY New Promos, Announcements, System Outages, etc.

If you appreciate these instructions, be sure to click the Bravo button at the bottom of the post once you are at the link above.

Cheers

Begging for Bravos

Quite sad

Meditate instead

Thanks so much for your concern for my well-being. Kinda sad that you are following my posts around and needing to leave a condescending comment everywhere. I'm actually just trying to help people. What are you doing to help?

LaOmbra

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

And if you would like to never miss any promotion from Public Mobile or any other announcement, follow the instructions here:

If you appreciate these instructions, be sure to click the Bravo button at the bottom of the post once you are at the link above.

Cheers

Begging for Bravos

Quite sad

Meditate instead

Cheers

gorf19

Many thanks for the help. I followed your instructions. Thanks for making it so easy.

Cheers.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@gorf19 wrote:

I have the following:

• - 1.5GB at 3G Speed /90 Days
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

My plan automatically restarts on May 26. I'm on auto pay

On May 31st I leave for BC and then the Maritimes. I would need Canada wide talk instead of Provincial. I presume the data is good Canada wide.

Do I change when my plan comes due or wait until the 31st?  I don't need this after July 1st, will it still be in effect for the full 90 day period?

Thanks

I would go into your self serve account now and do a future dated plan change effective next renewal. If you want to stay with the 90 day duration, you can "upgrade" your plan to Canada-wide for the same price.

Screenshot_2019-05-04 Plans.png

However... Depending on how much talk and data you need, you might want to "downgrade" to the $15 plan fo June (are you leaving the country on July 1?), and just add minutes (200 for $8, or 400 for $15) and/or data (200MB for $10 or 1GB for $30) as you need it.

Public Mobile is a prepaid provider, there are no refunds for unused portions of your plan if you choose to change plans shortly after your regular renewal, or cancel / abandon service altogether.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, you could setup your account to change on the 26th, to the 30 day $35 plan, which has unlimted canada wide calling, unlimited text, and 1.5 gb data. It would end or renew on June 25. Depending on how you set it up.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@gorf19 , the timing for the plan change is up to you. If you change it immediately, you will lose any remaining paid service.  One thing you can do is make the change when you renew.  In the mean time, you can purchase long distance minutes, cheapest add-on is 200 minutes for $8. Data and text is Canada wide, so no issues there. 

Need Help? Let's chat.