cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when should i pull the old sim card out?

AndyF1966
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got the test from the old carrier and responded.  They were sorry to see me go of course but nothing works on this phone now.   I don't know if I need to change some setting or if the old sim card needs to come out.   I have an esim from PM.

3 REPLIES 3

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AndyF1966 

better to remove the old sim since you replied Yes to old provider already, and reboot your phone once more

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone, disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled.
(On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

WHY eSIM???? No reasonable answer from Anybody so far... But it is your phone, your $. eSIM is not transferable so if it fails you have to buy new one.

If you replied YES to porting request and old provider acknowledged you left them, you can pull old SIM from your phone as it is not active anymore nor can be reused. Do not throw it just yet, let PM service stabilizes and you confirm everything works as expected.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Do you still see the old providers name on the top of the phone? If not, you can take it out now. If you still see it there, the port didn't fully go through. That is the way to tell. Plus you can try making a call on the phone to see what happens. But as long as you said yes and no longer see the providers name, you're good to go. Just restart your phone once you take it out. You MAY need to go into your settings and make the PM eSIM as your primary though. Guess it depends what happens after the reboot.

Need Help? Let's chat.