cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail password

beata
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello 

I am out of the country and forgot my voicemail password. I can't reset it as there is no way to receive a temporary one via text as it is not working internationally

8 REPLIES 8

@dust2dust wrote:

@esjliv- I just re-used the same one. It doesn't enforce a new one.

Really @dust2dust , it told me to choose a different one, and I listened to it.  😡

Guess, I can always go back and change it back. btw, who has a 15 digit voicemail code anyhow, wow.

@esjliv- I just re-used the same one. It doesn't enforce a new one.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lieux - yeah it worked for me too. Now I have a new password, I gotta remember...darn it. ?:P

But I am in Canada, so hopefully OP can 🤞

Fantastic @Lieux . I didn't think, and nor does it say anywhere in the instructions on that page, to use the 10 digit number. Great.

Of course this assumes that the customer can get in to the account without 2FA email text verification.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@beata  I just tried to do that without my phone. Go in your self serve account and initiate to change your password. When done call your phone number and the temporary password will be your phone number. You can choose then a new one. Tell us if it worked. It works for me.

1F72C0E0-9461-488D-BFCE-5E96DBA802C0.jpeg

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This is for the regulars here...this was a useful feature of the chatbot login. It could reset the vm password. It did it the old way of being reset to the 10 digit phone number. Adding - what do you know, something works - see below, although not that the instructions are any help.

Gone. Thanks Public Mobile. Stupid.

I think you're snookered. Maybe the only option is to have someone at home get a sim and then give you the number and then you change it and then they put it in a phone and then they can get the text or call the voicemail system from that phone.

Adding - oh yes of course @HALIMACS . I hate throwing to them but sure that should do it.

The account reset only works with accessing vm from the device. It does not work calling the number or vm access number on a different phone. The chatbot said to enter wrong password to get a reset option but then it would text the phone. Customer can't. Thus the snookering.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@beata - you can change your password via email, choose that option.

EDIT - voicemail ! Scratch above...was thinking My Account password.

Edit2...um, yeah, but no but..

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Ask customer support for assistance @beata 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Saying that, however, you won't be able to call out on your Public Mobile account/SIM while in another country to check the voicemail (unless it's the US and you've purchased the applicable US Roaming add-on)

You WOULD be able to call your PM number and access the voicemail remotely if you know the password for it.   Here's how:

How To Access Your Voicemail From Another Phone:

1. Call your 10-digit phone number.
  2. When you hear your voicemail greeting, press the star key (*) to interrupt it.
  3. Enter your voicemail password when prompted.
  4. Follow the voice prompts to listen to your messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.