cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voice call not working

pingkaic1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

URGENT

I last used my cell phone yesterday with outgoing and incoming call.  This morning, I cannot dial out and receive any call.  SMS is working normal. Checked settings and nothing abnormal; not on "Do Not Disturb", not on "Air Plane" mode. Tried shutting off and restarting the phone. Still would not work.

Tried inserting the Public Mobile Sim Card into another identical phone (Huawei Y9 2019). Still would not work. I concluded that the Public Mobile Sim Card is in fault and needs a free replacement from Public Mobile. Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

hi @Peter3389 

what phone do you have? you see the toggle and you can enable it?

usually the toggle is hidden

Peter3389

Same thing happened to my phone, I found the voLET was disabled, when I enabled it, problem solved.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@pingkaic1   Is there a chance that you can try the sim in a different brand of phone that is VoLTE approved (see list here)  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte 

Some else reported earlier that 3G was not working in their area which means that a non-VoLTE phone will not be able to make calls as it can not call over LTE.  There are no Huawei phones on the VoLTE list so  this would help to eliminate its being a sim problem if your sim works in a VoLTE phone.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@pingkaic1  I don’t know if they will but you can ask 

here’s how 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agent

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

pingkaic1

How can I ask PM to get a free replacement card?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@pingkaic1  You can certainly ask PM for reimbursement for new sim , might be quicker to pick one up from Telus /koodo store or order from Amazon . Can take 3 weeks to arrive from PM . Once you have new SIM card in hand log into your account profile page and sim swap the number to keep same phone number and plan 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1729807396207.png

Need Help? Let's chat.