cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use minutes unavailable

Yanlong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought 40 dollars a month plan. Haven't made a few calls with the so called unlimited Canada wide talk. Now I can't make out going calls? PLZ help me. 

36 REPLIES 36

@Yanlong wrote:

yeah. i understand the concern. but I have been using it for over a month and suddenly I used all my available minutes. if there's something urgent, this could really cause a big problem.

@Yanlong  oh, so adding a '1' bypasses the issue and you can make calls successfully?

Perfect, easy enough to do, right. Glad you are able to make calls again.

Who knows, maybe there are updates or modifications being done on the network. 

Or, PM is toying with provincial vs canada-wide calling again....here is hoping that is not the case.😐

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yanlong 

Aha....there are two different messages you can recieve when dialing out....

1. Sorry you have used up all of your minutes included in your plan....if you recieve this message and you are on an unlimited calling plan it is a glitch and the suggestions brought forward in this thread should solve the issue.
  2. The number you are dialing requires a long distance calling plan or long distance charges may apply.... this message if you allow it to finish will still allow your call to connect. Dialing (1) before the number as suggested by myself and @hTideGnow  will prevent you from recieving this message when dialing the number you wish to call.
  3. You may also recieve a warning that standard SMS/MMS text charges may apply when sending a text. Since there are no overages or extra billing at pm you can safely send the text and you will have no issues the worst that can happen in these situations is it will just not work

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Yanlong

and It's my wife's number I am calling( her number is also from Public Mobile). we talk almost every day until last night. anyway, thank you very much.

Yanlong

yeah. i understand the concern. but I have been using it for over a month and suddenly I used all my available minutes. if there's something urgent, this could really cause a big problem.

@Yanlong wrote:

Thank you. can't believe it worked when add 1 to the number. How come there's a bug like this?

HI @Yanlong   glad it works...

We used to  try to be careful in the old days and worry a 1 in front of the number would trigger long distance charge. But since we have Canada Wide plan,  always include a 1 when dialing or save the contact with a 1 there as well.  🙂

Yanlong

thank you. just did. hope it won't surface this time.

Yanlong

Thank you. can't believe it worked when add 1 to the number. How come there's a bug like this?

HI @Yanlong   

Please come to your own screenshot at this link and the click delete to  delete the picture from you library as we can still see the picture and your phone number:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/229080/image-id/61518i44C3F...

Yanlong

rebooted several times, no luck. when calling, the voice message says that i used all available minutes. don't know why It's only 4days since last top up

Yanlong

Thank you very much. I'll try it again.

Yanlong

thank you for your reminder. just deleted the screenshot

Yanlong

THX. I did.

ZuckMark
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

First log in onto your self serve account and make sure you have the right plan with unlimited calling, then power cycle your cellphone turn it off and then back on.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yanlong 

Have the CSA reset your account and reprovision your sim card. This glitch usually fixes itself within 20 minutes. It's unusual for it to occur longer than an hour. I had it happen half a dozen times in maybe the first year as a customer and none since then.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Yanlong   Let us know what CS Agent said, this is a weird issue, incoming calls work but not outgoing

And one last thing, you tried to manually key in the number with a 1 in front of the 10 digits?

@hTideGnow  - yeah, I wondering that too; if there is an issue with the contact app. Or even a cache or memory issue.

Manually long hand dialing the number is a good test.

HI @Yanlong   Let us know what CS Agent said, this is a weird issue, incoming calls work but not outgoing

And one last thing, you tried to manually key in the number with a 1 in front of the 10 digits?

@Yanlong wrote:

data and text , incoming calls Still fine. I live in Burnaby close to twelfth Avenue

@Yanlong  - so only outgoing calls an issue.

You have an unlimited calling plan, so you should have no issue with your plan/account.

I would guess more a device or network issue.

As @softech asked, what is the model of your phone? 

Ensure your phone is has the latest software installed.

Do you have a downloaded calling app? If so, uninstall it and reinstall it.

Did you perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

Last resort a Factory Reset (but back up things first), unless someone else can suggest something.

@Yanlong  - can you edit your post with your phone number in it? This is a public forum and best not to share personal info.

Were you able to try the SIM into another phone to rule out the device or network/account?

Yanlong

data and text , incoming calls Still fine. I live in Burnaby close to twelfth Avenue

Yanlong

Thank you. power off doesn't work but I just contact customer support with your link.

Yanlong

@Yanlong 

Screenshot the sections under your self serve that’s titled:

• “My Plan”
  • “My Data and Add Ons”,

and post it here, please.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yanlong 

This is a glitch common for new customers that will incur less frequently. Power off your phone for 10 minutes and then reboot. Call a frequently used number dialing it manually and using the (1) in front of the number..

@Yanlong  does incoming call work?

what is showing on the phone screen?  any network bar?

@Yanlong 

Does text and data work?  What about incoming calls?  

Where do you live?  There were a few reports yesterday that customers in Newfoundland were having service issues with talk.  Telus/Bell outage.  Not sure if that has been corrected.

You could also try your SIM card in another working phone.  This helps determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

Yanlong

i mean July 8th. Topped it up with ,40 dollars plan March 8

Yanlong

March 8. It's active

Yanlong

THX. i did, Still not work ing

Yanlong

i did. 

Yanlong

thank you for quick reply. i used it a month ago and topped it up for second month five days ago. already tried rebooting and switching to flight mode. I have signal bars. when I make a call, the voice said I used all available minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.