cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlimited province wide talk

pao2377
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If i leave in Gatineau and i have unlimited province-wide talk I can call all province of Quebec?

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @stonechucker. When I wrote "local" I meant no charge. Again...I need to brush up on my communication skills.

@Anonymous, your understanding is incorrect, at least partially.

For Province Wide plans, it doesn’t matter what your number is, whatever Province you’re connected to the network in, you can dial a number in the same province without charge.  Note, if the calling Centre of your location is not the same as the calling centre of the number you’re calling, dialing long distance is proper, but 10-digit dialing will go through after the message plays.  Also, when being in a province which is not your phone’s base, you will need to add LD minutes to call home, significant other, child, etc...

Canadawide plan means doesn’t matter where you are in Canada, it’s a no charge call to any other Canadian number.  Calling Centre rules still apply, but there will be no charge attached.

Canada and USA calling plan is any where in Canada, you can call anywhere in Canada, and MOST of the US, as some uS area codes are excluded, due to increased fees to connect calls.

For all the base talk options, wherever you are in Canada, you will be able to receive an incoming call at no charge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lat34hat34 wrote:

If you're still in Quebec but just left the city, then yes. If you're in another province, you'll need the Canada-Wide calling add on. Remember, if you're in Quebec, you can still call outside of Canada too. It's only going out of province that you need the add on.

Um...well...hmm...that's not my understanding.

Province-wide means "local" outbound in-province, LD to other provinces. All calls in no charge.

Canada-wide means "local" outbound across the country. All calls in no charge.

Canada-wide and US-wide means "local" outbound in both countries. All calls in no charge.

Then there are the add-ons:

Canada and US LD means using the minutes in the add-on to call outbound to Canada and US.

International LD means using the minutes in the add-on to call outbound to the countries included.

@pao2377 wrote:

If i leave in Gatineau and i have unlimited province-wide talk I can call all province of Quebec?

If your're thinking of signing up to Public and you're in Gatineau, I wouldn't suggest taking a province-wide calling plan.  This is because of Gatineau being part of the captial region and how close it is to the Quebec/Ontario border.  Normally, most carriers set up long distance so that long distance is an extra thing on top of local minutes, but with Public Mobile, they've set things up so that only phone numbers within the same province can be called with a provincial calling plans.  This means that it's possible for you to dial a local call while you're in Gatineau and it won't work because it's a number from Ottawa.

In addition, it's also quite possible while you're in Gatineau for the network to think that you're on the Ontario side of the river.  If that happens, you will not be able to dial any number based out of Quebec.

In Gatineau, you're most likely going to want to go for a Canada-wide calling plan.

lat34hat34
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you're still in Quebec but just left the city, then yes. If you're in another province, you'll need the Canada-Wide calling add on. Remember, if you're in Quebec, you can still call outside of Canada too. It's only going out of province that you need the add on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Further to the above replies...be aware of boundary edges. If you happen to be connected to a tower that is thought to be in another province or country then it won't work.

Edit: But wait there's more. 🙂 This is all assuming that your account information and number are based in the province that you wish to have unlimited from. If that makes sense.

Also remember, if you're visiting in BC, and want to call home - you'll also need that long distance add-on, but home can call you without additional cost.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

If you live in Gatineau, and want to call someone in Rouyn just make sure to dial 1 first. You won't be charged extra. If you try to call someone in Cranbrook BC, you'll be notified that you don't have a long distance plan and therfore the call won't be completed. If you need to call outside of PQ, you'll need a (low cost) add-on that will allow out-of-province calling.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@pao2377 wrote:

Yes, the thing to remember is that if it would be a long distance call from your landline then just put a 1 in front of the number before dialing.  You can't be charged additional charges for long distance as this is a prepaid service

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.