cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the procedure to port a cell number to Public Mobile from another provider

harsheng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Considering to get a plan from Public Mobile, but do not want to port my existing number from another provider yet.

Just wondering if I want to port the number over later, what the procedure may be.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

savvy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@harsheng wrote:

Considering to get a plan from Public Mobile, but do not want to port my existing number from another provider yet.

Just wondering if I want to port the number over later, what the procedure may be.

Thanks.

1) My Account: log in with your username and password.

2) On the My Profile Section on the right click "Change Number"

3) Click "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider"

4) Put the number you are porting into the validation tool. ** THIS CAN SOMETIMES NOT WORK THE FIRST TIME ** It may say it's not portable, in which case if it is a major provider just keep trying.

5) Enter the information it asks for. You will need only one of 3 pieces of information - your Account Number, your PIN, or your IMEI. ** If there is any way to get your account number, use this first and foremost, then the PIN, and the IMEI last. (even if you have the correct IMEI it can fail to port, but I won't get into the specifics of why here)

6) Make sure to fill the rest in and click the button... and wait and wait and wait.... (you get the idea lol) ... if it fails try again. If it keeps failing here saying that your port was "rejected" , just give it a few hours and it may actually have gone through. Mine went through hours later on it's own.

Good Luck!

savvy

@harsheng wrote:

Thanks.

3) Click "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider"

4) Put the number you are porting into the validation tool. ** THIS CAN SOMETIMES NOT WORK THE FIRST TIME ** It may say it's not portable, in which case if it is a major provider just keep trying.

5) Enter the information it asks for. You will need only one of 3 pieces of information - your Account Number, your PIN, or your IMEI. ** If there is any way to get your account number, use this first and foremost, then the PIN, and the IMEI last. (even if you have the correct IMEI it can fail to port, but I won't get into the specifics of why here)

6) Make sure to fill the rest in and click the button... and wait and wait and wait.... (you get the idea lol) ... if it fails try again. If it keeps failing here saying that your port was "rejected" , just give it a few hours and it may actually have gone through. Mine went through hours later on it's own.

Good Luck!

savvy

@harsheng wrote:

Thanks.

Good Luck!

savvy

@harsheng wrote:

Thanks.

Good Luck!

savvy

@harsheng wrote:

Thanks.

Good Luck!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The instructions say any one of account number, IMEI, account PIN is sufficient.  Less entries equal less opportunity for a typo.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@harsheng wrote:

Thanks.

When you decide you want to port your number over it is very simple.  You would login to your selfserve and on the right hand side would be a link to change number.  At that point you would select bring existing number from another provider.  It will ask for the number to make sure it can be ported over then you just need to provide some information.  Account number is the biggest one and @will13am has always had success with just this info, I always add the PIN as well.  (side note did a family migration offer to koodo lastnight with  just hte account number and the port was done in under 5 minutes).  Click that you are authorized to port the number and the name should be the same that is on the account of the old provider.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.