cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to receive phone calls but can make calls.

emily2110316
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am unable to receive phone calls but can make calls. I also unable to login to self serve to verify my account, When I try to reset the password it said "failed to reset password". Please help.

6 REPLIES 6

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@softech    Believe it or not, not everyone looks at your copy and paste posts. Ha ha

@emily2110316 wrote:

I am not a new member. I have been calling-receiving for many months now. please helpp.

@emily2110316   

two things to try

1. Reseat your sim card.  Power off the phone, take the sim card out for a minute, then put it back in and power up the phone

2. Try changing the phone's Preferred network type to 3G ONLY and check if the phone can connect to PM network and if it can receive incoming calls

@Quigley   you actually ddin't need to make update to your post after mine.  Turned out OP wasn't porting in new number.  LoL

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@emily2110316 

You should try to contact a Public Mobile Customer Support Agent and have them look into your sim card and provisions.

Use the Chatbot Simon to get a service ticket started first. 

emily2110316
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am not a new member. I have been calling-receiving for many months now. please helpp.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@emily2110316 

did you just joined PM and requested Porting in your old number as well?  

If you did   did you recieve  from your old provider a porting authentication text and did  you  reply YES within 90 min?.

If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card and can only make outgoing calls,  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixe

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@emily2110316 

To login to your account try using a browser in incognito or private mode first.

Try again.

If you did everything right for your port request, then you'll just have to wait a little longer until your port request is completed.

Maybe restart your phone once in a while to see if all your services work.

Need Help? Let's chat.