cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to receive or make call with new samsung A14 4g phone - international version

123Kamal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am unable to make or receive calls with my new samsung A14 phone. it is international version, 4G. all other features are apparently fine.

15 REPLIES 15

Well if you got it off Bestbuy Market place I wouldn't expect it to be stolen. LOL. Just black listed to work in Canada.

But I think it would be in your best interest to get a different phone if you can and return this one. JMO.

123Kamal

result: not blacklisted or stolen

International versions of these phones can be problematic. I would doubt BestBuy themselves sold this phone. I agree that it was probably a seller using the BestBuy site. Much like Walmart does too. And the other giant online places that take money from vendors to sell their wares but not actually selling it directly themselves.

How are you making out with the dial code? I would tend to doubt it has volte enabled. There's another place to look if you can't dial that code.

123Kamal

my apologies it is A145F

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How certain are you that that SF isn't 5F?
Dial *#*#4636#*#* and look down into a grey area and find volte provisioned and if it's toggled on. The dial code might not work. Let us know.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

If you're unable to use this phone, if there's a chance to return it for a full refund, I'd do it. Get a better phone. Might cost a bit more but in the end, a better phone is worth it.

123Kamal

how to check if the phone is carrier locked?

That doesn't mean anything @123Kamal  I'm 99.9% positive it's from their Marketplace Seller. That means they buy phones from overseas which means there's a good chance it's carrier locked. 

123Kamal

how to check if VoLTE is enabled?

123Kamal

it is a new phone purchased from Best Buy

That phone is not a good choice for here if the phone has not been enabled for volte. Even 4G LTE might be just barely useful. Do you know if it has volte enabled on it?

Might wish to check if your IMEI is blacklisted here in Canada.

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Also, watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf30Xt6_egc

123Kamal

SM-A14SF/DS   4GB/64GB     phone newly purchased PM SIM old...no change

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you give us the exact model? Like SM-A14....
Did you recently transfer a number in?

Need Help? Let's chat.