cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to port number from koodo

Slowgold99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Team, can I get some assistance?

the system will not let me open a ticket and I'm being told to reach out to support to port number from koodo

13 REPLIES 13

kcorscadden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Slowgold99 There is our difference.... I used a physical SIM card

Lyteforce

Fingers crossed for you @Slowgold99! From what support told me (multiple times via the same copy-pasted script), my only path forward was physical SIM. Really hope your experience has a better outcome than mine. 

Slowgold99

not sure still on the phone with support and they don't seem to be able to solve anything. I did go with esim as new phone doesn't take physical sim cards. So I really hope this can be resolved or else I will just stick with koodo.

kcorscadden

@Sansan It was a pretty simple process.  Followed the steps, double and triple checked that everything was typed in correctly (that's probably where a lot of ppl go wrong) and that was it.

I have to do my wife's activation tonight when she gets home, but I imagine it will be the same result.

I'm glad it worked for you with the IMEI? This is the first time I can recall anyone saying that. But thousands transfer and I just see the same few lol.  

Lyteforce

Hey @Slowgold99 - out of curiosity, did you elect to go with an eSIM or a physical SIM? The reason I ask is I experienced a very similar issue to what you describe and from what I can gather, the use of the eSIM is what stalled the process out.

As far as the ticket creation process not working for me, while I'm not certain it's what "fixed" it, once I created a Community account here I was able to login and submit a ticket via web.

PS: if eSIM was your choice, the solution support has provided me is to get a physical SIM. In fact the support replies were quite obtuse about eSIM not being supported, which makes no sense to me... 

Slowgold99

I did try via IMEI which is probably why it didn't work. Thanks for sharing the number I'm still waiting for an agent as I type this.

Slowgold99

I'm glad it worked for you. It didn't work for me and the app is telling me to reach out to support as it won't let me start the process over.

kcorscadden

@Slowgold99 

I just ported over from Koodo like 45 mins ago.  Port took literally 3 mins to do.  

I activated the SIM card on the PM app, got to the part about porting my number over, typed in my number and IMEI, got the confirmation text from Koodo (did you get this?) and typed YES and that was it.

Very simple process as it should be considering Koodo and PM are both under the Telus umbrella.

@Slowgold99  And the Koodo account is active ? Did you leave it in the phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port ? Also it’s best to just use the Koodo account number and ignore the IMEI did you use the IMEI ? I will private message you the porting  team number and they can re trigger the port request for you 

Slowgold99

i cannot submit a ticket either

Slowgold99

it's post paid and it's not working

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Slowgold99  Is it Koodo pre paid ? If so yes you need to create account with temp PM phone number then get support to port the number over for you . If Koodo post paid you should be able to do it during or after activation 

submit ticket with support . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

Handy1_0-1709578879253.jpeg

If that doesn’t work you can always send private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.