cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to call us number

chrisissin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

When I tried to call a US number with area code 517 the automated voice told me that the service that tried to use is suspended or no long available and it gave me an problem code : "cr203nc65" 

I verified that my plan still have us long distance call of 500m available.

Have anyone has this issue before?

Thanks

chris

14 REPLIES 14

@chrisissin   Only you can pursue this further with PM customer support as we are fellow customers and can only offer suggestions/advice on what to do.  Hopefully, you've submitted another ticket?

We can't really speak up for you. You need to take it up with them again. That support person was wrong to tell you that. I would get back with them and tell them to remove the US add-on and credit your account and then fix the dang calling with what you have. Ask to escalate.

HI @chrisissin  I agree

but did you open a ticket with PM CS Agent? I am pretty sure they can check it and can refund you the money as it is their system glitch

chrisissin

Yea I agree very bad experience indeed.

While the company might get $15 from me to get the us call go through this time, but they might loss more customers if these bad practice experience presist.

Thanks guys for speak up for me!  

@chrisissin   Hmm... I agree that doesn't make sense if you had the 500 LD mins (PM's holiday gifts) as those minutes are supposed to allow for calling to US (plus Canada) too.  I would follow up with the CSA as to why your calls couldn't go through if you still have the LD minutes in your account?

This seems very wrong. Both of those gift minutes include calls to the US. You should not have needed to put out more money to call the US.

You saw those under your my data & add-ons right?

chrisissin

Thanks again for everyone's contribution to help. I filed a ticket to public mobile and they told me that i need to purchase us long distance minute. And i was able to call after i brought the $15 1000 add on.

Thanks again everyone!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

My brother had the same long code when trying to call US with LD minutes, not sure if it was the same code but he fixed it with adding the 1 as he usually doesn't with his CDN calls.

@chrisissin    I would also suggest that you do a test call to another number in the US.  It could be any store or a restaurant to see if your call will complete.  If it goes through, then the issue could be with the party you trying to call.

@chrisissin   Have you tried adding the 1 in front as suggested earlier? 

You can also try rebooting phone, power off and remove SIM card for a couple of minutes and then reinsert and reboot, toggle airplane mode on/off.  Also try selecting 3G/WCDMA on your network settings.

chrisissin

Thanks guys for reply. 

In my account page i see :

- $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US 

- 500 one-time Int'l LD bonus

and both still have 500m left.

Thanks

Chris

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @chrisissin   Which Long distance add-on you got?  Is it the specific US Long distance one you got?  or the Holiday bonus ?   if it is the regular International Calling, that does not cover US calling.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you try it with a 1 in front of the area code? 1-517-xxx-xxxx.

Is your plan active? Are the services working anyway?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@chrisissin    Never seen that error code before, but you are sure that you have remaining minutes from your 500 LD available still under My Data/Add-ons in your self serve account?

Also have you verified that the number/person you are calling still has an active account.  Perhaps they have changed numbers or have suspended their number for lack of payment or some other reason?

Need Help? Let's chat.