cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

umidigi A9pro data

kean
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have searched the community responses regarding no data availability with this phone & I have tried all the suggestions but still cannot get data on my phone. Thinking I may have to change carriers but hate to do so. Data worked fine on my last phone and on my wifes  phone but can't get it to work on the UMIDIGI A9 PRO. Any last suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11

Flow-Rider
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank u! Thank u! I've fought this phone since buying it last year. I thought it was my provider. We finally got Fiberoptics in nothing to talk about town. We went from 3 speed to 100 speed and still couldn't open websites. I use two phones in my bedroom. Constantly going back and forth. We r finally getting a Version tower up the way. I thought I would have to get a new phone. Your ADVISE worked! My God, I can't believe it! I've googled it to many times. All the complaints were the same as mine. I thought I'd try one more time before I bought another phone. WOW! You made my year and $150 more in my pocket. Thank u again a hundred times. Thank u! 

DSM18

Have you updated the software?

Someone in the family has that phone and has no issues with connection on PM. They are running Android 11 on the 20210526 build if that helps.

Brwilson

The phone is not the issue. Umidigi A9 and A11 Pro models work on every North American network. They are dual sim phones. You can select the sim that you want to handle voice and data independently. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kean wrote:

thank you S--S Mayor your fix did it, & thanks to everyone who replied. Data is now working. Great community!!

@kean 

you're welcome,
glad to hear that,

enjoy your service....

kean

thank you S--S Mayor your fix did it, & thanks to everyone who replied. Data is now working. Great community!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kean 

if you still not fix it, try backup and factory reset

visit here link factory reset.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@kean wrote:

I have searched the community responses regarding no data availability with this phone & I have tried all the suggestions but still cannot get data on my phone. Thinking I may have to change carriers but hate to do so. Data worked fine on my last phone and on my wifes  phone but can't get it to work on the UMIDIGI A9 PRO. Any last suggestions?

@kean 

Do you have any data left on your plan?

Have you checked your APN settings?

Tried using 3G-only (WCDMA) ?

Tried a network settings reset?

If you have access to another phone, try swapping the SIM cards to see what happens.

For ref: Set up data on an Android phone (publicmobile.ca)

I think that they have a couple hundred dollars invested in their new phone, so it might be cheaper to switch providers. 

That's probably the thought process 😃

Edit..

Others also have had problems getting that phone to work on PM, lately. 

Don't most people understand what rebooting your phone means? Not that it'll help in this case, anyways.   lol

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kean wrote:

Did you try putting the sim in the second sim slot...see if that helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kean 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

and also try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone,This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kean wrote:

Why change provider...maybe change phone instead. Phone is the issue, not PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.