cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turn off 2 factor authentication

come2the40
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how do I turn off this stupid 2 factor authentication?

20 REPLIES 20

What_ever

Can everybody just shut up unless you are going to answer the question???

SlickToxic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Used incognito browser as you and others suggest! Today waste of time. Look in this here  thread of images of todays ridiculous time waster

This also another shuzzbutt?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Lots-of-Forbidden-A1-most-nights/td-p/103...

Screenshot_2023-08-21-16-17-24~2.png

@SlickToxic wrote:

Trusted Device is not Trusted!

We paying to test Telus failure?

Does anyone know if its this horrible at Telus and Koodo?

@SlickToxic , I don’t use trust this device… ever! I also use all my browsers in private /incognito mode for everything I do.

I never used it with Telus or Koodo. Sorry! It has been a few months since I last had Koodo & even longer since I was with Telus!

Edit: Fixed my typos!

SlickToxic

Trusted Device is not Trusted!

We paying to test Telus failure?

Does anyone know if its this horrible at Telus and Koodo?

@Handy1 wrote:

@LitlLdy  huh good to know I’m with Telus too  and didn’t realize it . Still learning something new here everyday 😉 . I use 2FA for everything I can anyways to be in the safe side 

@Handy1 , Telus “ My Telus 2-Factor Authentication

Edit: I still use 2FA with everything though! Yet hate it sometimes 😆 

SlickToxic

Today using clean incognito and trusted isp Telus. Trying to access account made during activation in app and used easier last week here

Today didn't recognise account asked me to make another but account was discovered. Wasted an hour today with this between attempting to login to my account then here.

Truly had a nap earlier waiting waiting wasting electricity!

Come2hte4 these 2FA are at Rogers and everywhere.

Not as currupted as this.

Screenshot_2023-08-21-11-54-56~2.png

Screenshot_2023-08-21-11-56-16~2.png

Screenshot_2023-08-21-11-56-35~2.png

Screenshot_2023-08-21-11-32-02~3.png

Screenshot_2023-08-21-11-44-20~3.png

@hTideGnow wrote:

@LitlLdy wrote:

@Handy1 , Yes, Telus has it also but they give you the option of disabling it!

HI @LitlLdy I would choose security over convenient.

Not sure about telecom, but if it is bank, if you choose to opt out some of those added security features, anytime your account got compromised, they use that against you

@hTideGnow , I understand that. It’s just a statement that they do allow you to disable it. It would be the Customers choice not to have the security which they should have to agree to the consequences if something happens due to disabling it. 

@LitlLdy  huh good to know I’m with Telus too  and didn’t realize it . Still learning something new here everyday 😉 . I use 2FA for everything I can anyways to be in the safe side 

@LitlLdy wrote:

HI @LitlLdy I would choose security over convenience.

Not sure about telecom, but if it is bank, if you choose to opt out some of those added security features, anytime your account got compromised, they use that against you

come2the40

I will gladly pay the extra $4 to get rid of 2 factor authentication

that's how stupid it is your not letting use decide if we want it on our account or not but thanks anyways

HI @come2the40 

you might not have too many choices, many carriers are already using 2FA now and no way to opt out. Those are not using it now will change it as a mandatory soon, too

@come2the40  Your right many here refer to it as ever stupid LOL . But I wouldn’t thro in the towel over 2FA it’s for your own security really . Just one extra step . Telus does the same thing and most are moving in the same direction anyways 

Adding we are just customers like you trying to help @come2the40 

come2the40

yes agreed it is stupid 

Ill be switching providers as soon as possible

@come2the40 wrote:

Thank you community

and Thanks public mobile for making me switch to another provider,  i did like your service until now  how stupid.

@come2the40 , I never need to use 2FA for the Public Mobile app. It stays signed in. Would that be an option for you?

Edit: Personally, I am unable to find another provider that offers what Public Mobile does as far as low priced plans that offer more than others, no hidden charges. You get what you pay for!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@come2the40 wrote:

how do I turn off this stupid 2 factor authentication?

@come2the40 , I wish they would allow Us to turn off 2FA for our accounts that we pay for but they refuse to allow that! 😞 Sorry, I know it is frustrating, I hate it also!

come2the40

Thank you community

and Thanks public mobile for making me switch to another provider,  i did like your service until now  how stupid.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @come2the40 

sorry, you cannot turn it off

you can only select trusted device and it will ask you 2FA code less

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@come2the40  Sorry since new system update and ever safe ID you cannot turn off 2FA anymore 

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When typing in the code you can check the box to have the system remember that device as a trusted device so you don’t encounter the code as often. Beyond that it’s a feature built into Eversafe and can’t be removed by the user. 

Need Help? Let's chat.