cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to set up my subscription

laurs_1981
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my subscription is paid, my esim didn't work, so ordered a new one, now have and it doesn't work. I need my phone, what do i do?

16 REPLIES 16

@laurs_1981  And you replied to it with in the 90 minute window ? Then just follow as @hTideGnow @last said 

then with the old sim card in the phone, reboot after an hour (and continue evey hour) until the old sim shows SOS.  Once you see that  port is done and you can use the PM sim 

laurs_1981

yes to old provider to confirm the port!

@laurs_1981  “yes” old provider sim still works ? Or yes you got the text from old provider to confirm the port ? If it’s been more then 90 mins and you didn’t reply YES to confirmation text . You will need to have the port request re triggered . In that case you can call the porting team number and they can re trigger the port request for you . I will send you that number private message just incase . We not allowed to post it here . So needs be sent privately 

hi @laurs_1981 

if you got that text from you old provider, you replied yes.  You can turn reboot you phone with the old sim an hour later. If SOS shows on  old carrier sim, then port is done and and you can put the PM sim card in the phone 

hi @laurs_1981 you old carrier sim still active?? you got a text from your old carrier asking your permission to port out the number yet?? 

@laurs_1981 @Does your old provider SIM card still work ? If so leave it in the phone , so when you port the number to PM you can reply YES to the confirmation text to port out to PM 

laurs_1981

also, do i put the new sim in my phone while i wait, or keep the old one in in hopes i get a msg from my old provider?

laurs_1981

i have. i realize i'm not the only customer but after 3 days i'm quite impatient. Plus i don't want to be charged by my old provider again. Thank you again for your kindness

hi @laurs_1981 

it will work, but you need to ask support agent to update the sim card number 

Like last time, 

message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

laurs_1981

it actually arrived today but it still won't work

@laurs_1981 

might be quicker to order a PM sim on Amazon for under $5 with faster shipping than PM....it could take as long as 3 weeks for PM sim to arrive via Canada Post. If there's a Mobile Klinik in your area, they have the PM sims as well.

laurs_1981

thank you so much for your help

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @laurs_1981 you need support agent to change the sim type to physical sim and ass the sim card number 

please message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.