cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

travel to mexico

ottknott
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I use my Phone  xxx xxxx xxxx in mexico  ?

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ottknott 

I would suggest you use TextNow app or WhatsApp for free wifi calling and texting. Your other option is to purchase a local SIM or eSIM.

I use the TextNow SIM with a 30 days Roaming add-on for 1gb to 10gb of data at 5G in USA/Mexico.

IMG_0167.png

IMG_0166.png

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ottknott: As a person who travels to another continent often and every year I find that the best thing to buy if you are going to a particular country for an extended period or go to that country often is a SIM card from that country. This will make sure you are connected all throughout. And as for Mexico this article will summarize what you can buy; https://www.mexicotravelsecrets.com/mexico-sim-card/ and from the looks of it it's pretty cheap the cell plans over there.

In general there's many countries out there where cell phone plans are far cheaper than in Canada, so if you like to do a bit of research and ask some locals or friends living in that country, then you are in for a real deal. 🙂 🙂

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile only works in Canada and the United States (with the purchase of roaming add on). You can not use your Public Mobile in any other country. If you wish to use cellular services while you’re in another country, you can look at https://www.airalo.com/ for affordable data plans and then download an app like Fongo and pick a local number to where you currently live. They do however charge for texting. TextNow is free calling and texting. You can use both of these VOIP programs via WiFi or on a data only SIM card.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ottknott sorry, no roaming service in Mexico. You have to use local data sim or travel eSIM or just Wifi to get connected. Download free VOIP app TextNow to make calls for free with Wifi or local data 

Need Help? Let's chat.