cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer responsibilty

Peterbcs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been paying my friends phone bill for quite a while (7-10 years) but now he wants me to transfer responsibilty to him. Is this possible?

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

Have you changed your email or account pin #? If so you would recognize the info I included in my post the others did not that are vital when changing those two main components of the account. I have also transferred an account to a complete stranger and understand the importance of how and when and in what order to update info on the account to ensure neither party compromises the security of their own personal info....

I don't post frivolously nor do I feel the need to copy and paste from the help pages. I take my time to tailor my posts to the OP's question. But bring it on as you feel you must I will retort in kind.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious - i think the other 3 members nicely provided everything you summed there. 

Even on how to contact CSA, 😉

Why bother repeating a summary of them all?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Peterbcs 

Log in to the self serve account and edit out your personal info. Give your friend the login info and have him update the profile info to his and have him change the password, security question and answer and update the credit card info to his credit card. This is an important step as the credit card info will be used to allow the account pin # and email to be changed as part of the account verification. Your friend can then contact customer support with the current 4 digit account pin # and email and make the request to change them. Make sure he writes down the changes made to the account so he doesn't forget them....just in case.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Hi @Peterbcs   I suggest you to also update your personal info to his.

Then change your password and give him the password and the login (would still be your email)

once your friend got it, he will need to open ticket with PM and ask them to help to change the email address/username as well as PIN number. 

Peterbcs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you that is easily done....but info will still be my personal info and not his....is this right? I would like to replace my information by his.... I was paying his phone while he worked for me, he is retiring at the end of the month and wants to keep the phone line

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Sure. It is a matter of changing crdit card info through self-serving account. Whoever has access to that account should go to below and change credit card info. Please note: credit card info has to be exactly as on CC statement (name, address, etc.).

Meow_0-1647447646076.png

Meow_1-1647447651729.png

Meow_2-1647447656185.png

Need Help? Let's chat.