cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer number

Jared3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i have transfer number virgin plus to PM and my number on there website still Active can some help me.

4 REPLIES 4

jchen7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Jared3 If Virgin sends you a text asking if you want to switch, reply YES. If you've done that already, it can take up to a week for the process to complete. But for me, it was only 1-2 hours. Hopefully, it's the same for you. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

When you make a call, what number other people see on their phones?

When somebody calls you does your PM phone rings or not?

When porting, PM assigns temporary number to you until porting is completed. Therefore you can make calls but not receive it.

If your Virgin account is still active porting is not completed or even did not start yet.

Did you follow exact porting procedure? Open PM account, request port, leave OLD SIM in your phone, reply Yes within 90 minutes, etc.?

@Jared3 wrote:

i have transfer number virgin plus to PM and my number on there website still Active can some help me.

Are all incoming calls and text messages going to your Public Mobile service? If not, that means that the number never ported over yet.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jared3 hi when you transfer a number you must leave old sim in your phone to receive transfer request you need to reply yes within 90 minutes if you didn't do that your port is stuck,I will PM you the number to reinitiate request ,check your envelope top right corner 

Need Help? Let's chat.