cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching esim

amron
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've activated my new public esim card. What happens with the sim card in my phone from that last provider I used? Do I need to cut off my contract with them or will they get notification from public?

And why is nobody available to chat when it's regular business hours? 

9 REPLIES 9

hi @amron 

but you will miss the great Community and the Public Points you can earn 🙂

@amron  We are sorry to see you go , but happy your happy 😊 

amron

Extremely happy to have cancelled Public and gone to a different provider.     

amron

thank you. I've opened a ticket, so hopefully someone will help me. I have not been able to port my phone number yet.

amron

Thank you. I've created a ticket to see if I can get some help. 

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@amron wrote:

And why is nobody available to chat when it's regular business hours? 

Be aware that "chat" with PM is not LiveChat that's common with many companies. "chat" with PM is more like swapping emails or messages (I means they're all literally swapping messages, but with PM it feels like emailing a company and waiting for a reply).

@amron 

Did you get to the eSIM installation step?   Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you, or you can get the QR code to install yourself. 

If you missed the step to install by the app, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone.

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step eSIM installation step), try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone, disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled.
(On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

amron

Nothing works on my phone now. I can't get calls or texts, can't set up cellular on phone because I don't have a QR code. I am not transferring from an old phone. I got an E-sim yesterday, set it up and took out the SIM from the other provider. Now nothing. Chat is completely useless. I guess I should go back to old provider. My phone says nothing about Public being the provider anyway. If it's not possible to fix this I'm done. It's already been a couple days. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@amron  If you ported your number into PM successfully then the old provider account will be closed automatically. So you can just take old provider SIM card out of the phone . Just hang on to it are the port hasn’t fully completed otherwise yes after that it’s useless 

Need Help? Let's chat.