cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switched plan to 4G speed, money deducted but data still remains

magnolia223
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I renewed and upgraded my plan to a new 4G speed plan, monthly payment was deducted but the data plan still remains the old one.

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@magnolia223 

As noted on similar posts,it will take about 48 hours for the 4G to kick in.

cackleberry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/differences-between-3g-and-4g-lte

Q: I just activated on a plan that includes data or changed to a plan with different data speed, when does the change take effect?

A: If you activated on a plan that includes data, it could take up to 48 hours until you experience full 3G or 4G speeds. Similarly, if you change your data speed from 3G to 4G LTE or vice versa, the same delay may occur.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@magnolia223 

It'll take a few days for it to kick in.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@magnolia223 hi you may  be looking at a cached version of your data usage. clear your cache or use another browser in private or incognito mode,reboot your device and sign back into your account ,see if it clears up 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Try using different browser. Try Incognito mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Click on little spinner refresh icons lower down.

Yummy_0-1666196495993.png

Confirm what your account says - what plan do you Actually have Now (after doing above).

Increase in speed will become within few days.

Need Help? Let's chat.