cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

such a lot of SMS notifications...how to turn of "send" notifications, and having a notification

Parthpanchal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

wife has a Google Pixel. After the most recent OS update, her SMS notification sound now triggers when sending a SMS. It has also started out re-notifying her when she opens Messenger.

So, she'll obtain a notification while the SMS is obtained, again while she opens Messenger, or even once more whilst she sends a respond.

regarded via Settings and have not begun to discover where all of these settings are placed. Any pointers?

Speed Test  Scrabble Word  Finder Solitaire

3 REPLIES 3

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Parthpanchal wrote:

wife has a Google Pixel. After the most recent OS update, her SMS notification sound now triggers when sending a SMS. It has also started out re-notifying her when she opens Messenger.

So, she'll obtain a notification while the SMS is obtained, again while she opens Messenger, or even once more whilst she sends a respond.

regarded via Settings and have not begun to discover where all of these settings are placed. Any pointers?

Sony Xperia XA2 here with Android 8.

• On your home page or your app drawer, long press "Messages".
  • Press Application info (Circle i button).
  • You're shown the application setting. Press App notifications. (You might also want to change other stuff, I s'pose?)

To remove sound when sending sms

• Last one is "Other settings in app" (Something like that, my device is Chinese so not sure about English equivalent)
  • The middle one should be "hear outgoing message sounds" or something, disable that

Not sure about notification popping up again. Do you have some app that constantly kills Messages process? (Delivery report doesn't seem to give me extra notifications.)

sun_yw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

open the messenger app, go to general settings, you will find option "hear outgoing message sounds" or similar, you can disable this option and will not hear the sound when sending sms.

another option is "get sms delivery reports", by turning it off you will not get notification when outgoing slms gets delivered.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

In the settings there are options for app notifications.  Look through the options and set it the way you want it.  

Need Help? Let's chat.