Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

something went wrong when activating SIM card

hegeorge
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is the messge I got:

hegeorge_0-1632941507731.png

The error popped up when verfying phone number.

I was using TELUS for the old phone number and did the activation on Microsoft Edge.

@CS_Agent 

19 REPLIES 19

@hegeorge 

Yes just click on the chat bubble and type "sim not provisioned upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

Screenshot_20210928-175754.pngScreenshot_20210928-175815.pngScreenshot_20210928-175829.pngScreenshot_20210928-175851.pngScreenshot_20210928-180024.pngScreenshot_20210928-180035.pngScreenshot_20210928-180229.pngScreenshot_20210928-180240.pngScreenshot_20210928-180342.pngScreenshot_20210928-180410.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hegeorge wrote:

Create ticket: Get Help (publicmobile.ca)

click here: Get support (publicmobile.ca)

@hegeorge 

you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,and Explain your issue to
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hegeorge : If you can sift out the CSA stuff in that giant post earlier then that's what you need to do.

Click on the cartoon quote to the lower right and muddle your way through to find a link that says something submitting a ticket.

hegeorge

@Anonymous 

Create ticket: Get Help (publicmobile.ca)

click here: Get support (publicmobile.ca)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hegeorge : Where did it take you if you clicked on that link on the image you posted?

Don't jump to the bank just yet. Let this place sort it out. If unsatisfactory then you might need to escalate to the CCTS. The bank is usually the last thing. This place is usually pretty good with resolving these kinds of things.

@J_PM 

Looks like there's still a few spots where pm needs to update its messaging with replacing moderator with customer support agent (CSA).

@hegeorge 

CSA and moderator are the same thing just renamed customer support (service) agents.

hegeorge

@Anonymous what does the CSA stand for? I usually just contact the bank for this kind of mistake.

@hegeorge 

Do what the message says....contact customer support so they can properly set up your account and provision your sim card. At the moment your telus number doesn't have an account to port into. Once the CSA fixes the activation error they will reinitiate your port request and start the refund process for the double payment.

CSA contact has already been supplied to you. Welcome to public mobile!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hegeorge : With the Telus SIM in? You would have had 90 minutes to confirm. Although iirc the text comes anyway...you just might be late to reply.

But yeah...you have a bit of a mess on your hands that only the CSA's will be able to straighten out.

You'll need them to undo any second activation accounts and credit you the payment in the proper one. You'll want to write down the 19 digit SIM # that you have for them to align with the proper account.

hegeorge

@Anonymous I didn't get a message though. Do I have to wait for a couple of hours?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hegeorge : I asked about the Telus SIM because you need to have it in a phone to confirm the transfer.

The rest is a bit of a mess. But see if you can complete the transfer first. Then have your PM SIM in. And see what if anything works.

Then deal with the CSA's for the money.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hegeorge 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, and also for got charged twice,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hegeorge 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy..

*very important to know

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

hegeorge

@Anonymous i still have my telus card, and I got charged twice (because I went through the process twice) for the payment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hegeorge : Do you have your Telus SIM in still? Did a charge end up on your payment card?

@hegeorge wrote:

I was using google chrome in the beginning, but it wont let me pay. So I switch to edge, got through all the process (including payment), but while verfiying the number, it gave me the error. 

Did you successfully complete the payment section?
If so, check to see if your credit card has been charged.
If yes, put your SIM card in your phone to see if it works.
If it does, go to the link below to create your self-service account.
Public Mobile - Register
If you have not been charged, the system may have locked the activation after several unsuccessful attempts. Wait an hour, open a new browser in incognito mode and try again.

hegeorge

@Anonymous I was using google chrome in the beginning, but it wont let me pay. So I switch to edge, got through all the process (including payment), but while verfiying the number, it gave me the error. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hegeorge : So you didn't get to the payment screen right? Try again in a little while and as above with maybe a different browser.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@hegeorge wrote:

This is the messge I got:

hegeorge_0-1632941507731.png

The error popped up when verfying phone number.

I was using TELUS for the old phone number and did the activation on Microsoft Edge.

@CS_Agent 

Use a browser in incognito mode to log in. could be a website bug.

Need Help? Let's chat.