cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card working

anumrafi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello 

I got a new service from Public mobile, got sim card, registered online got a phone number 

but sim is not connecting to the network.

But the funny part is I have an older account with public mobile on my older Samsung S10 

which works perfectly fine, If I input the old sim card in the new Samsung S10 old sim works, basically , old sim card works on both phones but new sim card do not work on both phones.

Is there anyone who can help resolve the problem.

will really appreciate your help

Anum

4 REPLIES 4

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account for your new phone number to check the status.  Did you setup a new account with a different email address ?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@anumrafi   When you put in the new SIM, do you see Public Mobile on top?

PM has been having issue with new SIM/account provisioning in the last week.  You might want to open a ticket with Customer Support Agent and have them confirm the provisioning on the backend.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@anumrafi wrote:

Hello 

I got a new service from Public mobile, got sim card, registered online got a phone number 

but sim is not connecting to the network.

But the funny part is I have an older account with public mobile on my older Samsung S10 

which works perfectly fine, If I input the old sim card in the new Samsung S10 old sim works, basically , old sim card works on both phones but new sim card do not work on both phones.

Is there anyone who can help resolve the problem.

will really appreciate your help

Anum

@anumrafi 

Well, that was good on you to try the SIM into another working phone - Good trouble shooting there!

Did you get charged on your credit card for the activation?

With the new SIM card in phone try these things:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

If this was an activation with a new number, it is possible it is just not quite 'ready' yet...yes, it should be immediate. But there have been cases that sometimes after just a bit of time, and various reboots, it then kicks into the network.

Did you port over a phone number to this new account/SIM?

It is possible your port is stuck if so.

Is there any message on your device when the new SIM is in the phone?

I will private message you the porting number, so you can check on the port.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anumrafi 

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Service by CS_Agent. Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Service by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Service by CS_Agent, will Response by private message to you inbox
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.