cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rewards is a SCAM, now clear picture after doing the math!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

got my first bill and already lost 12$ (before tax)

-Was getting 1$ /per month> 12$ /year, now loyalty (anniversary) is 10 points/year, meaning 10$ /year so the first loss is 2$/year and since you are now on points program, there is no more accumulation like before where the first year anniversary was 1$/month, and the year after  you were getting 2$/month, and year after you were getting 3$/month. Now all you will get is a 12$ a year for year 1, same 12$ for year 2, same 12$ for year 3 and so on!!! 

-Was getting 2$/per month subscription, now 0 points meaning 0$

- was getting 1$/per month refer a friend> 12 $ a year, new refer a friend 1 point/month, meaning 12$ a year so the same for refer a friend.

- 5$ promo/per month is eliminated

-the automated payment of 2$/per month is replace by 1.5 points/months for spending 30$ on a plan, meaning you now get 12$ a year instead of 24$.

in conclusion the math is

what we were paying per year>>>$276

And will pay now per year>>> $326 (the math is not straight forward as the loyalty program is not anymore, only points basis now on a year basis so you loose the carry over)

!!!!TIME TO CHANGE PROVIDER!!!!!!

21 REPLIES 21

hi @marcos12 

so, it was just $7 difference because of the rewards system change?  if so, that was now correct

the $5 promotion credit was not part of the rewards system.  Not sure why it was gone, but you can provide more details how you got it.  it could be gone just because it expired.  Many promotion credit has a time limit

and another question, why you became anonymous and you need to create another account?  I hope the first account didn't got banned or any rules violation.  

marcos12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

it is not an improvement, but wait for the mayors to jump in  and tell you that your math is not correct and they need screenshots. What a joke.

I agree that current (long time subs) should have been grandfathered but wait for the "mayors" to tell you otherwise.

Jrig

Under this new program I now pay $10 more each month. How is this an improvement in the reward program????  Long time users should’ve been grandfathered into the old reward program not be forced into this new one. 

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ulearn , the reward program was great, it was needed on the early stage of the public mobile, Telus introduced the points system over two years ago, the point system has no effect on the total number of new customers, so it doesn’t make any sense to run two rewarding program. They shut down the old reward system and migrated everyone to the point system. Telus gained an average of $5 per legacy customer, some customer downgraded and other left, other customers realized that they are on a very old plan and they downgraded to a newer plan with cheaper prices.

So, at the end, I don’t think public mobile lost a lot, either breakeven or a small profit.

ulearn

@ebo I think it was something that Telus (parent company) had to look at as Public Mobile was likely losing money on this. I can't remember how long I was with PM, but it good while it lasted. I did get the $2 autopay and $5 for loyalty (even changed my plan since Covid to the $15 plan), and was only paying $8 a month. 

I don't know if there will ever be another great loyalty program that was PM from the early days! 

marcos12

-My current reward system:

loyalty 4$(after being with PM for 4 years)
autopay 2$.month
refer a friend 1$/month

A total of 7$ reward per month or 84$ a year

-With the new point system
No more autopay.
10points per year loyalty>> per month means .83 cents
5% from 25$ monthly plan= 1.25point /month>> per year>> 15points=15 $

total per year>> 25points=25 dollars

But in reality it is not even that because you can only redeem 15 points at a time, so basically 15 $ reward per year not even 25$! !!!

- I have a total of 4 accounts (family) with higher rate plans, so the total is even more negatively impactfull!

Time to look at other choices out there, definitely not public mobile who are scre*ing their long time subscribers instead of grandfathering the current subscribers, what a sham.

With all the multiple messages received by Public Mobile over the last few weeks, it sounded like this is a great thing for consumers,

what a scam!!!!

Can some of great moderators tell me how is this a good thing for long time subscribers ??? Is this the reward for staying with Public M?
R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S & p=a=t=h=e=t=i-c marketing.

The CRC need to be looking at this fall advertisement of “nothing will change” for customers.

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

He is on $30 plan, used to pay $276 per year = $23 per month, means $7 discount, so he has $2 auto pay + $3 loyalty + $2 referrals 

with the points, he calculated $326 per year means he lost $50 per year migrating to the points system, not a big loss.

Many people have lost $7 monthly, $84 per year, it’s a lot of you are in $13 or $15 plan.

hi @Joe_G 

he posted with a name before

from what I understand, only PM agent can take away the name and make it Anonymous.  Couple long term members got that after they broke the rules.

Or support agent can do it if some people opened a new account because his old one have problem logging in and support will do this on the new account after the person can use the original account

not sure what happened in this case.  Too bad he cannot post the screenshot to prove how he has so many conflicting discounts

The user was likely deemed to be breaking rules of the Community.  (by PM or Oracles???)

Their stated remarks were all over the page anyway - no big loss.   

Misinformation does no good around here.

Joe_G
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I can't figure out how the OP posted as "Anonymous". Did they post without registering? Did they register but somehow made an anonymous post? Can someone please explain?

I have 3 phones and the main one is on PM so I can use it when I am out plus I can use WhatsApp with my number on PM.

The other two phones have NO SIM and is on TextNow app with their own individual number for calling and texting for FREE on wifi or tethered to my main phone.

You can’t beat FREE @Anonymous 

hi @hairbag1 

he has a $30 plan I think, with 5 referrals, I think he will be better to stay with the $29/10GB plan.  But as you said, he already made up his mind, we can't help or he won't listen anyway

@hTideGnow 

his math was definitely rong to start...but his mind was made up to leave already.

marcos121  is now Anonymous already after just 20 mins.  So, this is another spam account ? the person got banned already?

The breakdown provided by this person was definitely wrong.  This person seems to have considered friend referrals are now given in points.  Take that into the equation, people should only lose $7 max a month and no more.   The $12 he mentioned was simply not right

hi @Anonymous 

some part of your math I don't understand

-Was getting 1$ /per month> 12$ /year, now loyalty (anniversary) 

is this your loyalty rewards?  it does not look like it, for those on legacy rewards, it should be $3 to $5.  You won't be here just 1 year and getting a $1 per month loyalty

-Was getting 2$/per month subscription, now 0 points meaning 0$

this is correct if you meant Autopay discount

- was getting 1$/per month refer a friend>   

this is correct

- 5$ promo/per month is eliminated

what promo is that?  no one that $5 promo per month.  If you meant loyalty, then you already said $1 loyalty above  (one of the two lines must be wrong or double counted?)

-the automated payment of 2$/per month is replace by 1.5 points/months for spending 30$ on a plan, meaning you now get 12$ a year instead of 24$.

you already talked about $2/month above.  if this is $2 for autopay , what is the $2 above? (one of the two lines must be wrong or double counted again?)

Make life simpler, can you go back to Transaction history, take a screenshot of the savings you got before May and show us all the savings you got before and maybe we will understand it better

Anonymous
Not applicable

A mayor liking another mayor's reply, what is going on!!!!   You did my own math too!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading does not help, saving money help!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know how you did my own math and what I pay or don't pay,  I explained my payment :),  unless you are managing my payment and I am not aware.  For one there is no more credit for auto pay, and loyalty is not an accumutation /carry over amount which is already 2$ for this year.

The only constant saving is refer a friend

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

here's something to read while you wait for Oilers game...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Anonymous 

you won't lose $12 a month, at max $7

you seem to have 5 friend referrals, that is 5 points per month, which is same as $5.  

and yes, change to another carrier with no savings is surely an option, but they won't give you $5 per month from friend referrals you have now, and you won't get 10 points extra on your anniversary

and what plan you have now?

Need Help? Let's chat.