cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding loyalty points and preauthorized rewards

Manasi_22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How does it wor? I completed 3 years with public mobile last month, do the points get added to my balance or I get it off my regular payment every month? so both preauthorized and loyalty work the same way?

6 REPLIES 6

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Truer words have never been uttered!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Manasi_22 

How much is your plan amount? $15? $25? $40? And how much is charged to your credit card on your renewal date? 

It's likely that your last renewal had $4 ($2 autopay+$2 loyalty)in rewards deducted from the plan amount. Your upcoming renewal should have $5 ($3 in loyalty+$2 autopay) deducted. If your plan amount is $25 then your card will be charged $20+tax instead of $21+tax.

Try logging into your rewards account. It uses the same login credentials as your self serve account look at you amount due at the bottom of your payment page. It will list your estimated rewards.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Manasi_22 

NO, don't switch from the old Rewards system to the new Points system. It is not worth it!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Manasi_22 , assuming your are on the old reward system, it takes an additional cycle to reach the first anniversary and then 12 cycles to reach subsequent anniversaries.  The loyalty reward is issued as an offset to the renewal cost automatically.  You don't need to do anything.  If you are on auto pay, the $2 reward is issued as an offset to renewal cost in the same way.  You should sign into my rewards and see what reward level you are at for each of the reward categories.  You can also check running totals of rewards earned since the account was started.  Being a 3 year customer, DO NOT switch to the points system.  You will earn less.  

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Manasi_22 wrote:

How does it wor? I completed 3 years with public mobile last month, do the points get added to my balance or I get it off my regular payment every month?

It is added to your balance then your payment is taken from balance first. 

so both preauthorized and loyalty work the same way?

Yes. Keep in mind you pay every 30 days. And loyalty is every 365 days and first loyalty credit shows on your 13th Payment. 

Assuming you have been here for 3 years, you would be in the old $ rewards. And you did not notice? Look at your transactions in your My Account to verify. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Manasi_22 so are you saying you are on Public Points now, not the old Rewards system?

There is no Autopay reward with Public Points unfortunately. 

Loyalty - 1 point for every month with Public. (edit...I should have explained, this is a 1 time add, if you went from old rewards to new rewards).

See Public Points info: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/Public-Points-Rewards

If you are still on old Rewards, I suggest you stay. But, if you switched...what is done is done, still get rewards anyhow.

Need Help? Let's chat.