cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refund

amp247
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had no service since last week (Thursday). No one seems to want to help, in fact, a tech from Telus suggested I move to KOODO or Telus. I PAID OVER $50 for this plan I can't use, please - how do I get a refund so I can go elsewhere.

60 REPLIES 60

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Frustration generally doesn't bring the best out in any of us, @amp247 

Quite understandable.

Hope things improve from here on in.

amp247

I have been with PM for quite some time, and never had any "off" experiences, it is nice that this one wasn't one either, I do quite like this provider (if you're a penny pincher like I am)... Thanks again for your contributions, I am very sorry for my rudeness - 2023 started with a BANG and every year, on New Years, one says to themselves "This year will be better than the last"... well, no such luck so far - this phone set my mood for sure as it is a hindrance in my getting set up to work from home and THAT is COSTING me money.   I very much appreciate everyone's help, thanks again. 

@amp247 wrote:

Hi Halimacs, ok let's start over. And I will start by saying thank you for trying to help 🙂   

SO, after much much MUCH "diagnisotic" troubleshooting, the Telus techs seem to think that it may be an antennae problem... all this being said, I went to the Samsung.com/ca site, and downloaded SMART TUTOR, which then connected me to a diagnostic team via WIFI call. They have sent me their diagnostic: it is either the SIM that isn't sitting properly which can't be it... OR it's a VOLTE Registration Status... could be a faulty antennae.. all of which would have nothing to do with PM or with me, so... looks like a refund for the phone is in order here soon enough - it had better be anyway! I may have to print all of these helps out to prove my constant search for a solution to my problem... and perhaps provide my "usage" data so they can see for themselves that the phone provider wasn't used a whole lot (except for those wierd sporadic moments when it did work for a minute or two and all of my texts come dinging non stop..)  sooo... I think we are at the end of this one.  Thanks again. 

It was my intent all along, @amp247 .   And you're very welcome.  😊

Being direct in my initial reply to write "no refund" was based upon a cursory understanding of what was described.  It did not sound like a PM issue given the variability related to the device proximity, especially when another device worked within that same proximity.

You write, "it is either the SIM that isn't sitting properly which can't be it... OR it's a VOLTE Registration Status... could be a faulty antennae.. all of which would have nothing to do with PM or with me, so... looks like a refund for the phone is in order here soon enough - it had better be anyway! 

It certainly seems to me you have built a solid case surrounding a replacement device, or a refund, otherwise.

Good luck!!!

amp247

Hi Halimacs, ok let's start over. And I will start by saying thank you for trying to help 🙂   

SO, after much much MUCH "diagnisotic" troubleshooting, the Telus techs seem to think that it may be an antennae problem... all this being said, I went to the Samsung.com/ca site, and downloaded SMART TUTOR, which then connected me to a diagnostic team via WIFI call. They have sent me their diagnostic: it is either the SIM that isn't sitting properly which can't be it... OR it's a VOLTE Registration Status... could be a faulty antennae.. all of which would have nothing to do with PM or with me, so... looks like a refund for the phone is in order here soon enough - it had better be anyway! I may have to print all of these helps out to prove my constant search for a solution to my problem... and perhaps provide my "usage" data so they can see for themselves that the phone provider wasn't used a whole lot (except for those wierd sporadic moments when it did work for a minute or two and all of my texts come dinging non stop..)  sooo... I think we are at the end of this one.  Thanks again. 

@dust2dust @softech 

I certainly can’t speak for either of you (neither would I ever) however, you’re both working towards helping to resolve this OP’s concern so I think your comments & participation continue to be helpful.

@amp247 

I realize you requested I stay off this thread.  

An oracle removed your post and my reply.

I was quite happy to stay off at your behest, however I will offer one small recommendation.

If you have a case, or other outer covering, on your device, try removing it and then take the device in or around your home area.

Do you notice any difference whatsoever?

@HALIMACS- I totally think it's the device but I/we are trying to prove it due to the customer believing otherwise. I/we are being rather limited in the full scope of testing things though with the inability to try a different sim.

(if the other participant doesn't mind me saying "we" of course...'cause.. ya know)

So, full ️ 

Oh well.

Kudos to you for staying in it.

@HALIMACS since OP's old s10plus worked beautifully before in the same house, it does look like a device issue with a slightly poor antenna (could be faulty).   That's why I say it is best to check with another phone in this exact same location (too bad, OP doesn't have the old phone anymore, now, he needs to find one to test)

Of course, OP can also open ticket with PM to confirm the network towers that serve his home to confirm if the 3G signal is an issue, maybe some equipment change lately and hence it is not working as good as before

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@softech  & @dust2dust , is it being established that this is likely a device issue and not a network/public mobile issue?

just trying to learn here – nothing more

@amp247 wrote:

I have purchased a 4G plan, so I am not sure why I would go to 3G - in fact, I don't have those options: 

Screenshot_20230209_012846_Call_settings[1].jpg

@amp247   your is a 4G speed plan, so, you get 4G speed for data

However, everyone in PM , the voice is on 3G network (even though you have a 4G speed plan).  

Since your main issue is voice call, we woud like you to force your phone to connect to 3G when you are home to confirm if it can connect at all

On your phone, 3G Only is in fact WCDMA Only.  So, please change your network mode to WCDMA Only. Let us know if your phone can connect in such mode when you are home

For the Devicecheck.ca image you posted, since it has an IMEI there, please remove it from your library for your own protection.

Come to this page: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/173331/tab/all, hover over to the top right of that image and click X to delete it

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

When you see this, try dialing this in your dialer and press go ->:  *#7465625#

If if comes up with something then does it say anything about being locked?

Adding - also try: fully power off phone, remove sim, turn on phone, let it finish, fully power off phone, insert sim, turn on phone. Do any messages pop up along the way?

amp247

I am going to test this NOW (the bars)... I am going to put my phone on SCREEN RECORD right from the moment I leave the house till I get to where I am going (2 minute drive), I will then upload it. It will show all the actions I get when I do this...

Ok good. The network mode is what we were looking for. If you tap that do you get a WCDMA-only option in the list that shows up?

You have 4G speed. If you were on a 3G speed plan before then you were still connecting to 4G/LTE but it gets throttled down to a slower speed. They stupidly called it 3G speed.

Then for network operators, if you tap that and then tap select automatically, it should start scanning for networks. Is it currently on automatic by the way?

You shouldn't be showing your IMEI on that image. Either edit it or remove it. If you remove it then you would want to remove it from your image library in your community profile.

amp247

THIS is my network status RIGHT NOW also. 

amp247

I am bringing this phone in to best buy tomorrow. 

amp247

those screenshots above are showing my status as of RIGHT NOW - and I am also showing that I added the PUBLIC MOBILE 2 access point name from a website that was given to me in this thread... 

Screenshot_20230209_013048_Settings[1].jpg

amp247

I have purchased a 4G plan, so I am not sure why I would go to 3G - in fact, I don't have those options: 

Screenshot (417).png

APN is only about data. Let's get your talk and text settled before we move on to that. We can make a couple little changes in the APN when we get there.

I see barely a bar of reception there. When you go out to the park do you get more bars? Did your old phone get more bars where you are?

amp247

Ok, so I went to the link you provided (thank you kindly for that)... I entered all of the info EXACTLY as it was shown; there is ONE of the items I cannot enter: APN Roaming Protocol. My phone has this field, but it's "greyed out"... I took screen shots to show:

Screenshot_20230209_011614_Settings[1].jpgScreenshot_20230209_011600_Settings[1].jpg

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'm still not clear that you've tried all the suggestions (other than another phone) here or answered all the questions.

1. devicecheck.ca

2. set phone to 3G or LTE/3G if those are available options.

amp247

I don't have alot of friends in this town, when I got sick alot of people abandoned me. I don't have alot of people to count on and I don't count on anyone to HELP me I learned the hard way after my illness that there is NO one you can count on BUT yourself - so - I have no friends that are NEARBY to TEST THIS **bleep** please understand I am a very private very ISOLATED person, stop asking me to depend on a FRIEND 

amp247

IGNORE ALL THE OTHER STUFF I WROTE - I ASSUMED THAT BECAUSE I HAD A NETWORK ON MY PHONE THAT IT WAS WORKING  ----- That being said, I can't make or get calls. I can't  send or receive texts, but the texts flood in when I am away from home at the dog park, and it is showing (wierdly) that PUBLIC MOBILE is my network. So, WHILE at the park I tried MAKING a call. IT DOESN"T WORK. 

I am very sorry - I am on the verge of a goddam nervous breakdown I need a phone to be able to work, and this has been a nightmare. I WOULD just go out and BUY ONE but I can't. I am not able to financially. 

@amp247   your phone would not be locked or blacklisted as you said it works when you are outside of your home, when you are walking the dog.   But to confirm, by work, you meant when you are away from your home, you can make calls, receive calls and data works?

I am just wondering if your phone has a "faulty" antenna and hence not picking up the signal when you are at home.  But again, Virgin and PM should be sharing the network , except Virgin uses VoLTE  and PM is only using 3G.  So, I wonder if there is some problem with your 3G on your phone, but I assume your 4G works well

Again, would be nice if you get another Android phone and test the PM sim card at your home and see how good/bad is the 3G recception (we are focusing on 3G because PM uses 3G for voice, and that is what seems to be the problem that you are not getting voice calls when you are home)

amp247

Ok, It seems that this phone is locked OR blacklisted, which is VERY odd - considering I purchased it from a reputable place.  Is there a way to CHECK to see what the problem is - I did try the IMEI in a "Blacklist check" website, but I am not sure of ANYTHING these days when it comes to phones, maybe you can direct me to an accredited website that checks for blacklisted AND OR LOCKED phones. I have tried to insert a Virgin Mobile card in and it is remaining on EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY

This is not a good time LOL

@amp247 wrote:

Explain to me how the SAME sim worked FLAWLESSLY in my S10Plus, never once had an issue with connection to the network. Explain to me how when I drive 2-3 blocks away from here, I can hear the DING DING DING sounds of all the text messages/voicemails coming in and the phone STAYS connected but the moment I drive into my driveway (which was NEVER an issue before on the s10Plus), all of a sudden I have "EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY" and or "NO SERVICE".  How come my phone appears to be "active" on the side of PM, yet on mine its not making a sound, no calls, no texts, can't access my voicemails. NOTHING.   Explain how this was NEVER an issue with the s10Plus.  Explain how a phone in BRAND NEW CONDITION is doing this? Is the SIM damaged? I didn't drop it or "hurt" it in any way shape or form - the age of that sim is about 4 years if that matters.   Look. I work from home and I need a solution, or a new SIM card, or something. FAST. I don't have the option of just going out and BUYING another plan/sim at the moment, I am freshly coming off being off work for over a year for surgeries and my pay isn't exactly great right now, at 65%. When I spend $53.00, it's significant. 

What I can said is Samsung phone very tricky sometimes, that's why your previously Samsung e10 plus worked, but now your new Samsung e20 Plus has problem.

Make sure your Samsung e20 Plus APN setting is correct:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/samsung-galaxy-s20

@amp247   I understand yours is an open box new phone, but phone can come faulty, so , it could be a faulty antenna

Again, BEST is to try your PM sim card on another phone in your house.  This is a necessary troubleshooting step. 

Also, please try this to change your Network mode or Preferred network type:

Slide two fingers downwards starting from the top of the screen.
Press Mobile networks.
Press Network mode.
Press the required network mode.

Check if it is using Auto connect

Try changing it to 3G Only (could be called WCDMA Only)

** Important part here is to check if it connects to PM network.  If it does , try data and calls

amp247

I took the phone out of the house (brought the dog to the park) and sure enough, the text messages poured in, and my network said "PUBLIC MOBILE"... I even got to check my voicemails. That being said, I STILL could not make a phone call, I'd dial the number, waiting for it to connect and nope - no call was made. All the while showing that I was ON the Public Mobile network. I did a factory reset while I was in "Public Mobile" area, hoping it would reset and stick - it did not. 

I am home now, and we are back to "Emergency Calls Only" under Network Operator, and no calls/texts/can't get my voicemails... nothing. No data. I am using my wifi, but that's nothing special.  I cannot do this for much longer, I realize there are some of you who immediately want to say it's the device, but I truly think it's BOTH at this point, because this makes NO sense at all. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can we go back to the network settings.

On my Samsung and likely yours I would go to settings, connections, mobile networks - network mode. What do you have set here? And then tap it and what all options are provided in there?

Need Help? Let's chat.