cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reffering a friend

Nadam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My friend has opened an account with Publik Mobile but didn't add my referral code. She still hasn't activated her SIM card because she is waiting for it to ariwe.  How we can add my referral code while activating her SIM cardand where I can find that code?

And my other question is how she can transfer her previous phone number to Publik Mobile?

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Nadam 

To get your Referral Code, login to your account and go to the Profile Section. Click on Copy Code and email to your friend to avoid any mistake while entering the code.

To have a successful porting your friends number, they do the following when they activate the new SIM:

- Have an activate account with the previous carrier so don’t cancel or stop payment

- Leave the old SIM in the phone and wait for the text from the old carrier confirming with YES that they are porting over to PM…they have up to 90 minutes to reply

- After replying to the text, the old SIM will continue to work for about 2 hours

- Once the old SIM stopped working, power off the phone and switch to the PM SIM and power the phone back on 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Nadam @She will have an opportunity to add the referral code when she activated the sim card and choose to transfer the phon number during activation . Be sure to just use her old providers account number and not the IMEI number . Leaving the old providers  SIM card in the phone so she can reply YES to the confirmation text to port 

@Nadam wrote:

My friend has opened an account with Publik Mobile but didn't add my referral code. She still hasn't activated her SIM card because she is waiting for it to ariwe.  How we can add my referral code while activating her SIM cardand where I can find that code?

And my other question is how she can transfer her previous phone number to Publik Mobile?

Log into your Self Serve account to find your referral code.  Your fired was to add teh referral code during hte activation process.  While there are no guarantees, have your friend send a private message about this to CS_Agent.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

As long as the nubmer is eligible for number porting, your firen dcan request the transfer from her Self Serve account.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Nadam 

if she has gone through the activation steps and just waiting for the sim card, then after everything is set, ask her to submit ticket with CS agent for both of you :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.