cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receive phone call

samueltsung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can call out but whenever someone call me, it will automatically switch to voice mail box. Can someone tell me how to fix it, thanks a lot.

17 REPLIES 17

bbb111

Do you know if your phone is compatible with the Public Mobile network?

You can check here https://willmyphonework.net/.

@samueltsung wrote:

I just joined a couple days ago. it seems working before.

I did not go out yet and just used it at home. I live in Markham, ont

@samueltsung  - sounds like you ported over a number to Public Mobile and the port did not complete...if it was a cell number you transferred over.

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port.

Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services. Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If issues porting or transferring a number to Public Mobile, and it has been over the allotted time it usually takes to complete, submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

OR, Check your Private INBOX messages, I have sent you the TELUS Porting phone number.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

some steps to test...

If your phone is on 'do not disturb' then it ll do that.

If you have recently ported your number in and porting didnt go through as expected then It will do that. 

Call forward enabled?

@samueltsung wrote:

@samueltsung 

Did you ask to port in your number then?

If so, contact PM for troubleshooting:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@samueltsung wrote:

@samueltsung 

do you getting a new number or you did Transfer old number to public mobile,

if you did Transfer do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

if you did reply: YES and you still stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number and 

you need go to my OP instruction how to Customer Support Agent..

samueltsung

@samueltsung   have you been using PM for some time and just having the issue?

do you have this issue only when you are at a particular place like Home or work?

samueltsung

I have a Samsung galaxy 10s was not able to find the do not distribute option.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@samueltsung 

Did you check to see if the Do Not Disturb is disabled?

@samueltsung wrote:

Tried but no luck

@samueltsung 

did it just start having this problem today and worked before?  or you have the issue since joining (not sure if you are new PM customer or you just joined)

did you know if the issue (cannot receive calls and calls go to VM) usually happens when you are at a specific place? Home? work?  Which city and province you are at?

@samueltsung wrote:

Tried but no luck

@samueltsung 

ok, a few more things to try like:

- Reseat your SIM card or switch the card with another good working phone

- Reset network settings.

Edit: How strong is signal showing on your phone? Check if there is any localized network trouble in your area:

https://www.telus.com/fr/nt/outages?linktype=ge-footer

If nothing works, you may need to contact CS for help:

Spoiler
Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

After sending the message, watch your community inbox for their reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@samueltsung wrote:

Tried but no luck

@samueltsung 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

samueltsung

Tried but no luck

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@samueltsung just want to confirm if it ever work for incoming calls?  just stop working today?

try switching to 3G Only for the Network type and see if it resolves the issue for now.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@samueltsung wrote:

I can call out but whenever someone call me, it will automatically switch to voice mail box. Can someone tell me how to fix it, thanks a lot.

@samueltsung 

Try putting your phone on 3G-only (WCDMA) to see if it helps.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Did you recently port your phone number over to PM ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@samueltsung 

can you do troubleshoot your device,

Spoiler

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

try to check update your device,

you can try to test your SIM card in another device to you know the issue from SIM card network or your device issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.