cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reactivate an account

dhong_62
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am posting this request on behalf of my Aunt.  Her plan seems to be deactivated so she can't call or texting.  She was away on vacation for a month and her auto-payment was setup with her credit card.  Adding to the current issue, she just got the renew credit card not too long ago, hence, the auto-payment did not goes through with the old expired credit card.  

I tried to sign in on her behalf to update with the new credit card info but her sign on acct seems to also not working.  What is the next step for her to activate the plan?  She has already paid all the outstanding balance from her bank.

Thanks,

Dao

10 REPLIES 10

Hey, whatever suits your fancy @dust2dust and works for you, that's great. Just sayin' it may not be for everyone (including my past experiences).

@esjliv- And I find that the login method doesn't work very well. The pin method works better. And vouchers can be bought online for the convenience fee of not going out. But yes, you'd have to go out to do real time payments.

Bottom line: services working sooner, take whatever time to figure out regaining access while services work.

Adding - also then the sms option works rather than just email.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I getcha @dust2dust . Normally, in my experience, it was very smooth to get resolved with CSA and tickets. One and done.

I don't wanna go out and get a voucher. 😅

@esjliv- I'm not disputing that they would eventually prefer to regain access to the account.

Everybody wants their services working...now. No one wants to have to fiddle around with trying to submit a ticket or the back and forth of verification all the while they're services aren't working raising they're stress levels screaming at the screen because the ticket submission produces 404's or doesn't allow the login getting more and more stressed or all the stupid verification questions with the private message method. Then the waiting for a response.

There's no stress when services are working. Oh alright lets jump through all these hoops. Oh wait I got a text...reply...right, where were we...oh wait, got a call...talk talk...oh look it's all timed out now. Let's try again. No stress.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust @hTideGnow both ways are efficient here and neither are incorrect or better than the other (dependant on people's situations) to get activated again.

Getting access into My Account should probably be an eventual process anyhow, IMO.

@hTideGnow- Clearly we differ. What "proper way"? Paying by whichever method is perfectly proper. That gets the service going again. Then 2FA can work to SMS. Then the user has the less stressful time of figuring out the login or waiting for support. Nor did the OP say anything about no longer having email access. Just the usual logging in problem. I'm not sure how you've leapt to stealing email accounts.

hi @dust2dust

why not?  I like people does things the proper way.  In this case, get a working email linked to the account. 

And imagine this is a Gmail, or any free email,  and people take that email address and the account would then be compromised.  Chance is slim, but what if someone close to the account owner does it. 

@hTideGnow- Why? It takes longer. And all the hassle of verifying yourself and communicating by typing. Get services going again and the sms option works for the 2fa. See if password reset works (which can be done while suspended). See if incognito mode works. Or different browser or device. All the usual. Support should be the last option.

Adding - the previous post was edited. It had at first been addressed to me saying to get the aunt to get access.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @dhong_62  best to to help your aunt to get the access to My Account first, then update the credit card in Payment section

To get the access back, submit a ticket with PM agent at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Forgot Login,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you want to get the service back first instead, get a voucher from Shoppers drug Mart and load it into the account via *611

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

To get the services going again you can buy vouchers from lots of stores or online and use 611 or from any phone 1-855-4pu-blic and enter the voucher. You can also use the real time payment method in some stores.

Then you can have the time to figure out why you can't login.

Need Help? Let's chat.