cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ranks

am7777
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can someone list all the rank tags you can obtain by messaging in order for my information, please? and how, long does it take to be an oracle?

22 REPLIES 22

@Ed404 wrote:

I'm still a really low tier rank and I earned the top 10% badge! When will I evolve?

Personally my greatest challenge has been being awarded "solutions". My first solution was 4-6 months ago and then absolutely nothing until about 1 month ago when I got my second. I think I now have had 2 more since. When my second Solution badge arrived it came with a jump to Deputy Mayor. So quite obviously solutions factor in even if only a total of 2 solutions provided.

AE_Collector

Ivasofya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've seen such ranks so far: ew in town, Good Citizen, Great Citizen, Model Citizen and Mayor (buit it takes quite a while to get up in higher ranks). Not sure you can even achieve oracle just like that. 

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@am7777 generally to become an Oracle PM will make an announcement/post that they're looking for Oracles. So you would make a submission and I believe they'll review your stats to see how active you are in the forum, how many solutions of yours were accepted, etc.. I'm sure they'll look at your current badge level but I know that's not the only thing they look at. You can't become an Oracle automatically by going up the ranking in badges. You'd have to go through a selection process when PM makes an announcement. I believe previously PM made a request for people to also nominate people to become Oracles.

So I'd say don't worry about the badges, just be very active, positive, and as helpful as possible. Be genuine in your replies, try not to be one of those copy paste response people, those are very annoying. The more active you are the better your chances. 

annmary94
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! Sorry, I won’t be like that anymore ((( sorryyyy

@ChuckYeah wrote:

It likely happens when you pass certain parameters related to number of posts, solutions, bravos and perhaps even the number of badges you have. I remember spending a long time as a great citizen also, but from model to mayor happened within a month I think. Another secret algorithm at work!

Not really secret. You can read all about it at the Atlas|Khoros Community (support) forums. You can even identify who's asking questions about what sorts of issues which specifically affect the PM Community, if that's your thing.

Usual parameters are Bravos and Solutions received, Bravos and Solutions given, number of threads and replies, length of membership. They're usually weighted so that last week or last 30 days is most relevant.

The exact parameters and weights are easily found in the Khoros install directories, but I don't know which exact version PM installed or what values they chose to input (since they obviously changed other Lithium/Khoros values off default). 

@Ed404  While I'm sure the post/bravo/solution rate is part of the calculation the biggest indicator is time. If your stats are high then your rank promotions should occur at 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8 months. I noticed mine occurred at those intervals so far ....reaching town hero (hero yes hero...not ...zero...hero) it's still hard to say! Reaching town hero at my 4 month anniversay. Depending on what they consider your community start date you should be a model citizen in the next two weeks.

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector  @Korth  @Anonymous  @computergeek541  @ChuckYeah 

Maybe town zero and village idiot could just be honorary one month badges....a little like employee of the month.

Of course if were going with this i would have to nominate @annmary94  for permanent town floozy status.

I've wondered that myself. @Ed404  It likely happens when you pass certain parameters related to number of posts, solutions, bravos and perhaps even the number of badges you have. I remember spending a long time as a great citizen also, but from model to mayor happened within a month I think. Another secret algorithm at work!

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm still a really low tier rank and I earned the top 10% badge! When will I evolve?

@AE_Collector  @Korth  @Anonymous  @computergeek541  @ChuckYeah 

Maybe town zero and village idiot could just be honorary one month badges....a little like employee of the month.

@Korth wrote:

But I'm with @ChuckYeah... "Village Idiot" is a great title... there should be plenty of room in this community for idiots. 

Well, it would go well with @darlicious "Town ZERO" classification!

AE_Collector

Perhaps I did misunderstand. I was trying to say that being titled a "Mayor" here doesn't in itself bring any Rewards or discounts. 

And I rather liked being a "Town Hero"... this "Mayor" stuff sucks... the celebrity status is too heady... I don't respect politics, rhetorics, and deskjobs; I do respect ethics, competence, and working for a living. ("Managerial" is filthy word in my vocabulary.)

But I'm with @ChuckYeah... "Village Idiot" is a great title... there should be plenty of room in this community for idiots. 

@Korth wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

... being a Mayor gets you $0 !

I can promise you this is not true, lol.

I'm a "Mayor" and you can see all the Badges on my profile if you like - a few bucks discounted from every bill - along with Referrals and other Rewards which aren't displayed on my profile - I sometimes get some credits which will pay for subsequent billing cycles but my bill itself has never approached $0.

Assuming that someone stays a Community member many years, or passes the account to another person making it even a a generational accounts, it's entirely possible, in theory, to become a Community Mayor without actually earning any Community rewards.

That, however, is rather unlikely. A member would have to stay under the reward threshhold for the lowest reward level, and still manage to get over roughly 1000 of each bravos and posts.

Being a Mayor is also no guarantee of a Community reward each month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to click Post instead of Quote. This to Korth.

@chuck_grady wrote:

I'm a "Mayor" and you can see all the Badges on my profile if you like - a few bucks discounted from every bill - along with Referrals and other Rewards which aren't displayed on my profile - I sometimes get some credits which will pay for subsequent billing cycles but my bill itself has never approached $0.

-------------------------------

I think chuck_grady was suggesting that being Mayor doesn't just get you something just for being a Mayor. You still have to work some. Like you where you've got 50%'s and 25%'s etc.

The only people that get anything just for existing are the Oracles. I haven't seen stonechucker for a while and I bet he's still getting his 20 bucks each renewal.

@darlicious wrote:

@am7777  I just got town zero last week after about 4 months so it takes awhile to move up... oh wait hero...what I'm a hero? Town hero? Gosh you like me? You really, really like me! Thx...Im chuffed. I'm really chuffed. Sniff sniff....aw thx!

They invented a new category for you @darlicious ? Town ZERO? That's gotta hurt! 🙂

AE_Collector "Deputy Mayor" 

@ChuckYeah )

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@am7777  I just got town zero last week after about 4 months so it takes awhile to move up... oh wait hero...what I'm a hero? Town hero? Gosh you like me? You really, really like me! Thx...Im chuffed. I'm really chuffed. Sniff sniff....aw thx!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Mayor will take at least 6 months + lots of posts.

@am7777 

Here is the help article on oracles:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?category=rewards&subcategory=the-oracle-program

Unless you are willing ot spend a couple of hours per day for at least 12 months in a row, you probably won't be invited to become an oracle.  

I remember, New in town, Good Citizen, Great Citizen, Model Citizen and Mayor, may have seen Deputy Mayor at some point.

There are only 8 Oracles in the whole Community, the rest is attainable within a year if you really put your mind to it. That being said, being a Mayor gets you $0 !

Personal satisfaction is the greatest motivator, not $$ or rank!

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Oracle is not something you can achieve just by participating. It's kinda like the senate, appointed for life, lol.

As for the others, you start as New in Town and work your way up to Mayor! I think we should add town/village idiot, I'd wor harder for that title!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

Need Help? Let's chat.