cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Where to buy Public Mobile Payment Vouchers" Not Working Correctly

DragonSpecV
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good Day All!

I usually purchase the pre-set priced vouchers, and didn't realize for the longest time you can pay directly into your account w/ a "Real Time Voucher" purchase!

In any case, I wasn't sure if the locaiton here in Cambridge, ON that I always purchase at offered it; however, I do remember they always said something about PIN purchase or phone number purchase.  So I figured I can go there!

But just in case I was wrong, I went to use the "Where to buy Public Mobile Payment Vouchers", and I did at two separate times, just the Province + City, as well as Postal Code & distance.  It didn't show any correct locations!

I would see stores listed, but it wasn't valid at the address it was listed at, (which is a valid address local to me), and the map was incorrect of the address stated! *LoL*

Needless to say, there is definitely no "Jean Coutu" located anywhere near Cambridge, ON!

I just didn't know if anyone else had this issue? Or if this is a current known issue?  I live in Kitchener, and try to find areas close to me where I can purchase.

Thanks for the input / help!

- DragonSpecV

PM Voucher Stores.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
That explains why the shell I get my vouchers at doesn't show up on the list when I search

Everything shows up in downtown Toronto for me

Definitely wacky so I've notified the moderators who have forwarded to the marketing team.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

DragonSpecV
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@xCameron94x  I work in Cambridge, and literally just up the street from the convenience store on Hespeler Rd., so it's nice I can get it there.  The Canadian Tire gas bar on Weber St., close to Fairway Rd. charges that $1.00 fee, so I've never gone back *LoL*

@SD08   As I mentioned before, I wasn't familiar w/ the "real time" voucher, but I like that better as I don't have to fool around w/ pin codes, and getting values I need to match what my plan requires, (ie. $25 + $10 for $35, etc.).  So I think it's great that they offer that now that I am aware of it *LoL*

@Jorno  It's interesting, as it always worked before, I never had an issue w/ it, as it doesn't show the locations that I've been to anymore.  So I'm not sure what's up w/ that, but it's funny that something went sour and shows the incorrect stuff!  Definitely a funny location, maybe need to get there by boat or swim! *LoL*

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DragonSpecV, you are not alone with your issues when looking up where to buy vouchers.  Like your search, some stores do not exist at the given address.  As well, the maps provided are incorrect - all but one are for locations that are not in the searched city.  Below is my personal favourite:

pmvoucher3.jpg

Maybe this location sells a voucher for international roaming 🙂

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes, the voucher retailer list is somewhat out of date.

FYI,

A "real time voucher store" loads the value immediately onto your account at the store, and the value can be any amount you'd like.
A regular "voucher store" gives you a code that you can use later to top-up your account when you want, and these will be in set denominations up to $100.

When checking for retailers on the PM site, if the type of voucher matters to you, it's best to contact the retailer as to what type they actually carry before you visit them. 

Also, some Canadian Tire regular stores also carry the PM vouchers now, not only the CT Gas Bars.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Hey! I'm from Cambridge, and not once have i sean a Jean Coutu that I remember, although i have not been in that new plazza that just opend up (intersection of light drive and saginaw). Its probably the Hasty Market or the pharmacy ( I think theres a pharmacy).

Even when i enter my postal code, i see stores that I've never seen before. I know the shell on Franklin and Avenue has these vouchers in Cambridge, at least what the site tells me. But it gives me a burlington address on the expand menu, so something is wrong

In Kitchener/Waterloo there should be may areas where you can purchase these vouchers. The Canadian Tire near Fairway Mall might sell them. Try nearby gas stations as well

Need Help? Let's chat.