cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sorry, we cannot complete your call"

alinelimaabrao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am getting this message every time I try to make a call. I also can't receive any calls.

SMS works fine.

That's been going on for a week.

Please help.

21 REPLIES 21

Glad to hear....but what was the solution ?

alinelimaabrao

It is working now.

Thanks everyone.

savvy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@alinelimaabrao wrote:

Yes I am.

Still not solved....

So SIM doesn't work in any other phone either, and gives the same message... Hmmm... If that's the case, I hope you've connected to a mod by now... It seems they take exactly 2 business days to answer atm.

Just try turning phone off for a ccouple of minutes, then back on again. Probably won't help...but give it a go. Good luck.

alinelimaabrao

Yes I am.

Still not solved....

savvy

@alinelimaabrao wrote:

Also, it always send me a SMS whenever I am approaching the end of the plan. That did not happen.

Are you using auto-pay?

alinelimaabrao

Also, it always send me a SMS whenever I am approaching the end of the plan. That did not happen.

alinelimaabrao

I renewed the plan before it was due to see if that was the issue. Still does not work.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ok, so is it possible you have run out of minutes - either send/receive? Also, any voicemail left for you would also use up minutes.

alinelimaabrao

@smp99 wrote:

Hi @alinelimaabrao. What plan are you on?

$10 call and text.

The provisioning of your plan has messed up somehow, the only fix will be to send the message to the Moderator_Team as already posted in this thread.  Please do this, and provide identifying information including your account number, phone number, and PIN, along with your issue.

There is really nothing the Community can assist with, other than advising you to contact the Moderators.

smp99

Hi @alinelimaabrao. What plan are you on?

alinelimaabrao

I tried all that already, unfortunately.

SMS works fine, though.

savvy

@alinelimaabrao wrote:

Oh, before sending a message to the Mod Team I decided to renew the plan ahead of schedule just to make sure it was not lack of minutes, even though I am sure I am nowhere near the limit. That did not work, unfortunately.

It sounds a lot like the LD Add-On or a top-up fail. Try powercycling your phone (turn completely off, wait for 30 seconds then power it back on). If you have a removable battery, try powering it off and take that out before replacing it and turning the power back on. If your plan and/or top-ups were not updating this may give it the refresh it needs. If there is something else going on, testing the SIM in another phone as the other poster says, will tell you if it's something wrong with your phone or Public. Finally if testing your SIM in another phone does fix the problem, then you may have to factory reset your phone to fix this. Chances are though that it is likely the first thing - simply a top-up update fail or similar. Let me know how it works out for you. Smiley Happy

@alinelimaabrao

Unfortunately, moderators are taking at least 1-2 days to respond.  You will probably need to wait for moderator.

Did you reboot your phone?  Or try your SIM card in another phone?  To see whether it is a hardware issue verus Public mobile issue?

alinelimaabrao

Oh, before sending a message to the Mod Team I decided to renew the plan ahead of schedule just to make sure it was not lack of minutes, even though I am sure I am nowhere near the limit. That did not work, unfortunately.

alinelimaabrao

Number wasn't ported. Worked fine for two months.

I use the phone to call my husband most of the time, and receive calls from him as well. Both making and receiving calls stopped working. Any other number, be it local or from a different area code, does not work as well. I only do 10 number dialing of course.

I've sent a message to the Moderator Team early this morning (15 hours ago), still didn't hear back. Just sent another one.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@alinelimaabrao wrote:

I am getting this message every time I try to make a call. I also can't receive any calls.

SMS works fine.

Please help.

If you just ported, it takes some time, every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time.

If the issue continues you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@alinelimaabrao Is the error "Sorry we cannot complete your call, you don't have an active long distance add-on ... " ? If so you might find that adding a ”1” to the beginning of your phone call dial might solve the issue. Also your account may have a provisioning issues where the database of included calling numbers is corrupted.  Please reach out to the moderator team and they should be able to reprovision your account.  Click this to send them a message

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

If this is a new account you're talking about; maybe the phone is still locked to a different provider maybe.

Dunkgirl

@alinelimaabrao wrote:

SMS works fine.

Please help.

Did you just port over? What plan are you on? Are you sure you have minutes? Have you tried multiple phone numbers? Do you have a voice plan? Does it say "Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have the required long distance add on"? Did you try putting a 1 infront of the number?

Need Help? Let's chat.