cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

promotion not possible

AnnaKiv
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed my plan from 15$/month to 25$/month....then a few days later now..... I decided to change plan again to 35$/month since they're is a promo going on...

I put the promo code but it doesn't accept it!!!!

I tried both 2GBBONUS and 12MONTHS2GB!!!!

what do I do?????

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AnnaKiv 

How are you changing plans? There is no pro-rating, refunds or partial credits for unused portions or features of your 30 day plan. If you decide to change plans be sure to schedule a change plan on next renewal so your new plan starts on the first day of of your 30 day cycle.

If you are upgrading your plan it is recommended that you manually top up your account balance with the new plan amount before renewal as autopay has a nasty little habit of suffering an autopay failure by only charging your payment card your old plan amount leaving your account balance short to renew your new plan.

So you started out on the $15 plan and decided there wasn't enough data on it for your needs and changed to the $25/1gb plan? You saw the bonus data promotion for the extra 2gb of plan data and said to yourself "Wow! That's a good deal! For only $10 more I can get 4 more gbs of plan data?!!" But do you really need that much data? Did you run out of data on the $25 plan? Like the first week?

Just because there's more data included in the plan for a much cheaper price doesn't make it a good deal if you don't need or will use all of it each month. You can get 10 times more data and free calling to the US for only $25 more if you upgrade to the $50/10.5gb plan. That's an even better deal!

The great thing about public mobile and when you are unencumbered by the terms and conditions of a promotional offer is you can change plans every 30 days (or less if you don't mind forfeiting the unused portion) until you find the plan that has the right amount data for your needs without paying extra for data you don't need.

There are no overages, extra billing or fees at pm so you don't have to frontload your plan for fear of accidently going over plan amount and paying on average a whopping $13/100mb......thats $130/1gb!! At pm you can buy a one time purchase $15/1gb data add on. It doesn't expire merely rolls over every 30 days waiting for the right time to jump in and save the day when you run a little short of data a day or two before renewal.

Don't rush into changing your plan again so soon. Finish your 30 days of service. Really think about what features and how much data you really need each month and set a goal to set your limit and stay within it. But getting help and learning about your plan, your account and your service is unlimited in the community because we are always happy to help our fellow customer.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Upgrading to a larger $ plan gets you more data, just not the bonus that is there to lure new customers over from other providers. If it were that straight forward for everyone to get the extra bonus data they would just permanently increase the included data on the larger plans.

AE_Collector

@AnnaKiv

Not sure if you're aware, but you're chatting with other customers on this forum.

My earlier response was directed toward another user (jokingly).

In any case, the bonus 2GB promotions are well described under the announcement section. Have a look and read them over for the terms and conditions so you can see for yourself.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-bonus-for-the-next-12mon...

AnnaKiv

that's not cool.....im willing to upgrade to a bigger plan.....shouldnt the be enough to get the extra 2GB?????

AnnaKiv

that's not cool.....im willing to upgrade to a bigger plan.....shouldnt the be enough to get the extra 2GB????? 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Depending on how bad you need your current phone number and how long you have been a PM customer and what kind of rewards you have, you could always get a new sim and plan and get the promo then. You could even get your number back if you port it out to another provider and then back, but it would be a lot of hassle and probably not worth the $$$ with everything you lose just for that....once again depends on your situation.

@softech wrote:

@AnnaKiv sorry,  the promotion is for new activation only and not for exciting customers 

So, only for new, boring customers @softech ?  🤣 🤣   (joking!!!)

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@AnnaKiv  the promo is for new activations only.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AnnaKiv sorry,  the promotion is for new activation only and not for existing (thanks @HALIMACS )   customers

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Nothing to do. Those promo's are for new customers only.

Need Help? Let's chat.