cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with receiving text and sending text to Android phones

lilolil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

new to PM , I have an iPhone and I'm unable to send or receive texts to Android phon

21 REPLIES 21

@darlicious @dust2dust no offense taken 😀

Yes no offense @RossN but @lilolil : there was no question to solve. You started a thread to make a statement. In case you might be thinking that clicking accept as solution somehow "closes" the thread, as you can see, it does not. I suspect that an oracle will come along and append this to your other thread(s?) anyway but here we are.

@lilolil 

No worries! If you wish to change your solution ever you can go to the little arrow thingy at the right of the post and it will give you the option to unmark the solution.

Edit:

No offense @RossN !🙂

lilolil

Thanks for the info regarding solutions;)

@lilolil 

Welcome to the public mobile community

Thank you for your feedback on the issues that you had porting your phone number to public mobile and I'm happy to hear it's been resolved. However when you post comments or share your experience when doing a port or other actions with public mobile it does not require a solution to be chosen because you don't have a question that is being asked and answered. Rather you just don't choose a solution at all and let other people comment or share their experience with their porting into public mobile. A solution should only be chosen when a fellow member has answered a question that required help.

Both of my ports for my phone numbers went smooth the silk. One was from freedom one was from telus it was before we had to answer YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) and they were nearly instantaneous. In fact of all the ports I have assisted with since joining public mobile and there are many the only ones I've ever had issues with are virgin and it almost always has to do with the account number either trying to find it on their accounts or asking customer support for it and them giving the wrong one.

Thanks for sharing!

@lilolil I am glad you have it resolved,unfortunately that is a common issue around here

lilolil

Please know I'm posting this to help educate anyone with the same issues that I had.  My phone was not working properly, not receiving texts from android phones and not getting phone calls.  I spent numerous hours on the computer with PM people and what was discovered was that porting from my previous cell phone provider was done incorrectly.  I had no idea my service was still connected to Shaw..since some of the services for pm were working?  

I just think this info could help more people and save a lot of time!

Check with your previous cell phone provider that your number has been released.

Thanks PM community 

@lilolil 

Normally an Agent will get back to you within 4 hours based on how busy the are. Their hours are between 6:00am to 10:00pm EST but if an Agent can’t help it will be forward to a Technician to figure out the problem. A PM Technician will take up to 72 hours weekdays to get back to you.

lilolil

Yep done!!!  Thank you for your reply!

@lilolil - thursday is too long to wait for a response from a CSA ticket, I would agree.

Respond to that message in your messages inbox/sent folder, and ask for an update on your issue.

lilolil

I have been waiting since Thurs to get help from Tech support.  I have tried all the suggestions of you all to help me get my phone working properly and nothing has worked.  Is it odd that it takes this long to get help.  I just started with Pm again and i'm not happy with the service at all.  6 hours of my home time wasted...waiting!!!

lilolil

I've done all this and more....awating tech support which is coming fast enough!

@lilolil 

You always on iPhone or you  switch from Android to iPhone?

try this

1. Start the Settings app.

2. Tap Messages.

3. In the SMS/MMS section, turn on Group Messaging by swiping the button to the right. to turn it on

4. also make sure that iMessage, Send as SMS, or MMS Messaging are all turned on

And check if your Carrier Profiles is up to date

lilolil

yep  its on!

lilolil

Nope, still not working...thank you

@lilolil 

if you portng your old number to PM do you have received a validation SMS text from your previous service provider, you have responded to this message SMS reply YES,

maybe not complete the processing then you need open ticket with Customer Support AgentChatbot <

@lilolil 

turn off device take out SIM card and if you have other device treid to insert SIM.

• Reset Network Settings  >> How to Reset Network Settings
  • check  APN settings  >>  How to Set APN
  • Go to Settings and tap "Messages," then make sure "MMS Messaging" is turned on by swiping the button to the right.
  • MMS Go to Settings-> Cellular-> then tap the switch to enable Cellular Data.
  • Update iOS > Go to Settings > General > Software Update,

or

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@lilolil 

Check to see if your Cellular Data is enabled (turned on).

Go to Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data.

lilolil

yep it is and still not working

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@lilolil hi in your settings /messages do you have send as an sms enabled?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You need to turn on the SMS option.

Adding - wait...receive? Are you able to receive calls? Did you transfer a number in?

Need Help? Let's chat.