cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with the greeting message on voice mail

jongleuse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

My voice mail's greeting message is stuck on my "extended absence" greeting dating back to the summer, which is embarrassing. I tried several times to change it through the automatic menu - I changed it for other personal greetings and also tried the automatic ones... But, even when the system says that another greeting "was activated", it is not, it's still the extended absence one sticking around... I tried to delete it and again, it stuck anyway...

Is there any way to somehow reinitialize the voice mail?

thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @jongleuse

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your voicemail system. 

Can you please send us a private message with your Public Mobile phone number?

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jongleuse you may need to contact a moderator for assistance.  I'm thinking they may need to completely reset your voicemail back to the default, which would erase any custom greetings you have including the extended absence greeting.  @Saray_O if you have a moment, can you pleae connect with @jongleuse?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Yes I did really read your post 2 times before I comment. Also I did some testing on my own voicemail. Finally I commented to solve the problem you have right now.
If you don't mind to follow my procedure please do it again...please let me know your result. Thanks.

jongleuse

... did you read my message?

jongleuse

I'm sorry, you didn't read my message well, I already did all of those things. My problem is that it doesn't work : it says «your extended absence greeting was erased», «your personnal greeting number 1 was activated», but it's just not the case.

dohadotahmed
Dial* 611 from your pm phone and carefully follow the options for deleting your "extended absence" greeting.
After delete the greetings you have to call from another phone to your existing pm number to check your voicemail greeting.
If you're successfully deleted the greetings then proceeded for the next step.
Dial* 611 again from your pm phone and follow the instructions to record your new greetings.

Raven_Jet

What you want to do, depending on your phone. Dial your number and get to the voice mail menu. Then just record a new recording. Listen carefully to the list of options they give you.

Need Help? Let's chat.