cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with esim and activation

alinamar72
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

I moved my son's phone over to PM last month with no problem. My contract with Bell is over and my husband and I both want to move to PM. I entered my IMEI number and found that my phone was compatible, so I purchased an esim. Once I selected the plan and paid for the first month and the esim, I was told that the phone was not compatible in the app. Now I'm stuck with not being able to move forward, or back. I do have one actual sim card, which I haven't used yet. My phone is a Galaxy s20 and my husband's is and S21. Any ideas? THoughts? I have emailed for agent support.

2 REPLIES 2

TrevorF1980
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm on a note 20 and esim worked fine. When I activated I screwed up and ended up installing the esim via qr code from agent support. You might try that before anything else. 

Have you gone into the settings (I think it's under settings>connections>sim) to see if an esim slot is visible? Even before mine was working, I could see that there was a slot for it. It had an option to add an esim. If that's there on your phone, it's esim compatible. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@alinamar72 what phone do you have?

in this case , you likely need to activate with a physical sim instead.  But please message support and have them to confirm what to do from here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.