cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem activating my wife's sim card

fortiermail-web
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife is wanting to transfer her number from pc mobile. I tried to activate her sim online but got an error 821 code message. One thing that's confusing is the online instructions were saying to leave the pc mobile sim in her phone. I'm wondering whether I was actually supposed to have the public mobile sim in her phone?

Anyhow now I tried to submit a ticket but it's not clear whether anything happened. I didn't know how to fill the last field about 'last add-on purchase' (since I"ve never made one) so I just entered a '1' in the field so that I could hit the 'verify' to proceed and then...nothing

3 REPLIES 3

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you don't keep trying after code 821 as you may get charged for multiple activations. Also, is your wife's PC mobile account in good standing? 

@fortiermail-web wrote:

My wife is wanting to transfer her number from pc mobile. I tried to activate her sim online but got an error 821 code message. One thing that's confusing is the online instructions were saying to leave the pc mobile sim in her phone. I'm wondering whether I was actually supposed to have the public mobile sim in her phone?

Anyhow now I tried to submit a ticket but it's not clear whether anything happened. I didn't know how to fill the last field about 'last add-on purchase' (since I"ve never made one) so I just entered a '1' in the field so that I could hit the 'verify' to proceed and then...nothing

The Public Mobile SIM card doesn't need to be in a phone to activate an account. When porting in a number, you're supposed to leave the old carrier's SIM card in your device so that you can respond to a text message from the old carrier approving the phone number transfer.  When porting from PC Mobile, customers shouldn't be attempting the number porting themselves, but rather should be asking a customer support agent to complete the task.  I do suspect that your Self Serve account wasn't created but that your Public Mobile service might be working (except number porting hasn't completed).  Insert your Public Mobile SIM card to see if outgoing cals work (incoming won't work yet), but be sure to put your old carrier's SIM card back in immediately after.  Also check to see if you were charged for the plan activation.  As you have opened a ticket, the CSA will be able to fix all of this up.

To check if the ticket was submitted, going into your Community private messaging outbox to see if tehre is a message about contacting Public Mobile with a ticket number reference.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @fortiermail-web   for porting from PC Mobile, you will need to first get a temporary phone number and request porting after:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Transferring A Number From TELUS Or Koodo (Including Formerly PC Mobile)?

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS Prepaid, TELUS Postpaid, or Koodo Postpaid, the process will be the same as transferring in from a different carrier (see the instructions above).If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

However, since you got an Error 821, it is possible that PM already charged you.  PLEASE DO NOT try to activate again without confirming with PM support.  Please submit a ticket with PM support via direct message and have them to confirm if the account was already charged and created.  Also check with them if they can go ahead and process the porting request if you give them the required information.

Please direct message here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.