cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

previous provider has authorized number port. do i still have to go through porting services&PC

csyu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i voided a port by swapping sim card early and got in contact with my previous provider, virgin mobile. they authorized the port but my phone can only send calls. will the problem solve itself after the 30m to 2h delay or should I request another sms or anything else

4 REPLIES 4

@csyu 

If you verbally authorized the port with virgin and a request to port has been made you are ok. If you cancelled the port request then approved the port verbally with virgin you will have to make the port request again either thru the CSA's or by calling the telus porting department with your virgin account #. If you would like the phone numberfor the telus porting department just ask and will private message you with it.

Edit: I see you already have it from @softech .

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@csyu wrote:

i voided a port by swapping sim card early and got in contact with my previous provider, virgin mobile. they authorized the port but my phone can only send calls. will the problem solve itself after the 30m to 2h delay or should I request another sms or anything else

@csyu  you had another post earlier today.  I guess you called the porting them and you did reply Virgin to allow port?  did you?  if you have got the SMS from Virgin and you finally replied YES to it,  the porting will continue and it should complete within 2 hours (or 4 hours on an odd day)  

I private messaged you the porting team number earlier via Community inbox, you can in fact call again and confirm if they got your YES reply and if they are moving forward with the porting (might even completed)

Also while you are waiting, you can reboot your phone every 15 mins and try to see if it finally receive incoming calls

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@csyu wrote:

@csyu I think you are porting your Virgin to Public Mobile and you already received the SMS from Virgin to approve the port than that is the proper process so far.

Cell numbers usually take 2-3 hours to complete the port.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

With the PM SIM card in your phone, reboot the phone and perform a reset of your network settings.

If the time goes over 2-3 hours than you can submit a ticket to the Public Mobile CSA to confirm all is ported successfully: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable

@csyu : Interesting you saying the 90 minutes that way. I believe it's 90 minutes from 0 - 90. Not 30 - 120. You need to leave the original SIM in to confirm the text within the 90 minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.