cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting to a new provider

gvansit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I decided to change from public mobile to a new provider. I'm waiting for a text from public mobile so that my number will be transferred to my new account with my new provider. I have not received such a text yet. What can I do? Any help?

G

6 REPLIES 6

@gvansit 

You need an active account to port, even with one text.  

Since you have enough money now, let's try to reboot the phone once more

If it still not working, login to My Account and confirm you have $15  or more sitting as Available Fund, then use the Lost/Stolen trick to force a renewal

1. Go to Plan and Add-ons Tab and click on Lost/Stolen Phone to Suspend the service.
  2. Log off and then Wait 5 minutes
  3. Log back in My Account,
  4. go back to Plan and Add-ons Tab, click on Lost/Stolen Phone, then Resume/Reactivate Service.

The plan will automatically reactivate since you already have enough funds to pay for the plan.

gvansit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, thanks for your help!
My plan was not active. I have tried to renew it now with the 15 plan (I made payment), but nothing is happening. I just need to be able to receive one text message 😕

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@gvansit public mobile does not restart the request. You will need the new provider to reinitate any porting requests to the public mobile SIM card.

@gvansit these 2 steps are key. Is your PM account still active? If not, you can do a 15 plan just to complete the port.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @gvansit   

Your PM account is active and you can make calls and receive calls now?

reboot your phone once. 

have a friend to text you and confirm you are receiving text without problem.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gvansit hi you must leave your public sim in your phone to receive text you have 90 minutes to reply yes if it's been longer than that reinitiate transfer request

Need Help? Let's chat.