cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting to PM (email is with both fido and koodo)

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi I am helping a friend port over their fido account tonight.  But they also have a koodo account..

I know there are issues when porting koodo to PM ( you need to use a different email address), but i dont recall seeing a situation when porting fido/bell/rogers number while still haveing an active koodo account.

will i run into issues porting the fido number if use the email account that is on the koodo account.  My gut is saying dont risk it and use a gmail alias, but i would rather not.

any thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6

Not a problem I would do the same to play safe
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Well consensus is ste same as what my gut thought.  will play it safe and use a gmail alias. 

thanks for the replies and confirming my suspissions.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The Gmail dot thing is very annoying had to setup a filter because some idiot in Australia thinks that is really their Email address even got stuff from his employers HR department lol

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Why not just use the gmail dot trick? Its the same email but the system treats it as different email. Once everything is done, you can change it back. 

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
I I'll go with guts feeling first he's moving so I would rather go with gmail alias if porting get stuck your friend will have this bad impression about public mobile so just to be on safe side and try to make porting easier and Smooth I would go with gmail option without bothering email that associated somehow with koodo account too
Personal thoughts !!!!
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Good question... I would do like you said, use a gmail alias to be sure... (because the problem with Koodo/PM emails is that they use the same system)

Need Help? Let's chat.