cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restart an expired account on a new plan

Maturity
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account has expired and I want to get it going again but on a new plan.  

It was on a 10-day plan with voice, text & data and I want to move it to a 30-day plan with data only.  I click on the Change Plan button and make the selection that I want but the the *only* active option that I have is to restart the old 10-day plan. The button to enable the 30 day plan is gray.  For the cost of buying another 10 days that I don't want it would be cheaper to just buy a new SIM.  Is there a way that I can select a 30-day plan and reactivate with that or is the only way to reactivate with the old plan then switch on the next renewal (10 days)?

M

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The pleasure was ours, @Maturity.  Glad to hear it's all worked out.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Maturity

Whew!  Yes, I need to be more patient and have faith.  All worked out in the end and the moderator was able to fix things.  Thank you to all that helped here!

M

srlawren
@Maturity don't worry, that's normal. They can reuse those funds plus the remaining amount. Reply to the private message where they asked you to add the funds and they will take care of the rest.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Maturity

No fix yet.  I was told by a moderator to first put in the $ needed for the new plan then select the new plan.  The problem is that half the $ were consumed to renew the old plan even though auto-renew was NOT enabled and the desired plan cannot be switched to until the 10-day waste-of-$ times out.  So really if I want enough to cover this weekeend I need to double the $ to get enough capacity or visit a cellular kiosk at the mall this evening.

M

Maturity

@Someone_here thanks for the instructions.  What a pain, I wonder what they are trying to block by putting in this restriction.  Hopefull I can get re-activated tomorrow otherwise I'll hunt around and pick up something from Bell or Rogers at the mall tomorrow evening.

@srlawren that link is excellent, I voted for it as I have to say the restriction is dumb at best.   Since I don't care about the phone number getting a new SIM is cheaper and faster than the self-serve way to change plans on an expired service.

M

@srlawren

Thanks for the idea link!

srlawren

@Maturity unfortuantely, if your plan is already expired, you cannot do this yourself. The system only allows you to re-active on the exact same plan you were on most recently.  If you'd like to see this restriction removed, please view this thread and consider clicking the Bravo button on it to vote it up.

As @Someone_here mentioned, you will need to contact a community moderator to help you. You can find info at the end of this reply as to how to locate and private message a moderator for assitance.  Be sure to include your phone number and the details of the plan you are wanting to activate on.

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Maturity!

You'll need the assistance of a moderator to check this for you.

I suggest you send them a private message. Be sure to include your Public Mobile phone number as well as a detailed description of your problem. Click here to know how contact them. They are available from Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm and Friday-Sunday from 9am to 5:30pm (eastern time). They usually respond pretty fast to help requests!

I hope your problem will be solved quickly 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.