cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting problem to another carrier

dianeyu_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i switches to another carrier today and my old phone number (from public) is not transferring over

12 REPLIES 12

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@dianeyu_ 

the porting system is broken you need to contact PM customer support 

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dianeyu_  how long you reply yes? your PM still works? usually porting takes 30 mins to 4 hours

HI @HALIMACS 

I think too many people porting around   🤣

but honest, I heard other systems are busy too 

@dianeyu_ 

Can you still log into your PM account? If yes, the port has not been completed.

If you cannot log into your PM account it means the port was successful and you can put your new carrier sim in and reboot.

This is getting kinda ridiculous, @dianeyu_ as there have been several such similar kind of customers experiencing porting out issues.   

Have you tried putting your new provider SIM card back into your device and rebooting it and resetting network connections?

If this still doesn't work, call the number I'll private message you.   To view it, click on your envelope icon upper right.

@dianeyu_ wrote:

yes i had the PM sim in to get a confirmation text

HI @dianeyu_   how long you have replied?

but this is now you need to call your new carrier

and make sure you reboot your phone  and see when you get inbound calls

dianeyu_

i am porting out to freedom mobile. i called them and they said that the transfer says successful on their side

dianeyu_

yes i had the PM sim in to get a confirmation text

dianeyu_

yes i replied with Yes but did not receive a confirmation text after that message

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @dianeyu_ 

is your PM account active when you request porting?

did you get a text from PM asking for your authentication to port? you replied YES? To make sure you can get the text, check if you can receive friend's text on your PM sim card

Also, for porting out, call your new provider and ask them for update or re-request porting from PM.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@dianeyu_ They should be able to port in without any issue as long as your line is ACTIVE. Provide them your name, number and the Account Number. You can login to your account to obtain the Account Number.
What carrier are you porting out to?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@dianeyu_ 

Did you leave your PM sim in your phone to get the confirmation text from PM to port out?

Need Help? Let's chat.