Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding Number outside North America

summertinky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good Day,

Hope someone can assist.

I read that Public Mobile does not have international roaming outside North America and wanted to know is there perhaps a way to still receive calls while outside North America?

Just curios if someone was able to forward their number and if so, how?

Thank You

18 REPLIES 18

@summertinky wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk yep it does now make sense. Looks like I need to go through the voip route as suggested by other people.

Thank You

I can assist if you go with voip.ms. 

summertinky

@CountyDownIeUk yep it does now make sense. Looks like I need to go through the voip route as suggested by other people.

Thank You

@CountyDownIeUk- I'm in the US now. I will write up something of my findings. Call forwarding stops.

@dust2dust 

I guess some one that has actually experienced the scenarios needs to let us know. 

Did you read the link that I posted?

I kind of went by this...

====>The forwarding is done in the network<==== so what difference does it make

The actual forwarding is done in the telephone network, and not in your phone.

Your phone can be turned off – and call forwarding will still work

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

I disagree...only keying in the code to the network will disable the call forward 

@CountyDownIeUk- I disagree....from observation. In the case of the US, regardless of the call forwarding set to something other than default, the call will go to voicemail. The call forwarding in the dialer stays the same.

The scenario mentioned by gpixel is an interesting one though. What if the phone is turned on in a country other than the US where the phone won't connect to anything. Does he know his assertion from experience?

@summertinky 

Yes is pic. I always use the first one. 

If so, can I use a sim card from any country and forward calls to that number, or does it have to be a Voip Number as what other people are suggesting?

Not sure if list is universal. 

Can only call forward to a Canadian number. 

Now do you understand the voip concept? Or need more explanation?

@summertinky the idea is you can only forward to a Canadian phone  number. 

People suggested you to get VoIp because you cam get a Canadian number with VoIP like TextNow or Fongo and you can use those VoIp app on any phone with WiFi or overseas Mobile Data.

You CANNOT forward to other sim with overseas number 

summertinky

@CountyDownIeUk thanks for the feedback.

For some reason, I can't seem to view your pic. Is this perhaps what you were referring to regarding the commands?

Type of Call Forwarding What it Does How to Enable How to Disable

UnconditionalRedirects all incoming calls to another numberDial '*21*' + ten-digit phone number + '#' + SENDDial '#21#'
BusyForwards incoming calls to another number when the line is in useDial '*67*' + ten-digit phone number + '#' + SENDDial '#67#'
Not ReachableRedirects incoming calls when your phone is unable to take a callDial '*62*' + ten-digit phone number + '#' + SENDDial '#62#'
No ReplyRedirects incoming calls when nobody answersDial '*61*' + ten-digit phone number + '#' + SENDDial '#61#'
VariableRedirects incoming calls after the call has not been answered for a specified period of timeDial ‘*004*’ + ten-digit phone number + ‘#’ + SENDDial ‘#004#’

If so, can I use a sim card from any country and forward calls to that number, or does it have to be a Voip Number as what other people are suggesting?

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@HALIMACS 

Read this if you like. 

Thanks @CountyDownIeUk 

Truth be told, I've NEVER utilized call-forward for use other than from within Canada from one device to another, so I'm not entirely sure the specifics of where/when things need to be when traveling OUTSIDE the US/Canada boundaries.

I might have presumed the SIM card might have had to be physically in a device within Canada, however if the call-forward is done at the network level (prior to 'reaching' the SIM/device), perhaps that is a mute point.

Thank you!!!

@gpixel wrote:
  • the customer is not in the US. 
  • the sim card doesn't need to be in a working device once forwarded 
  • the sim card can be taken anywhere, but once the sim is installed in a working phone and trys to connect to a network the forward will be disabled.
  • I disagree...only keying in the code to the network will disable the call forward 
  • text messages need an app to be able to forward
  • @summertinky if you've already left Canada it will be hard to forward your number. you would need someones help back in canada

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Read this if you like. 

@summertinky 

While in Canada with an active account in a working mobile phone here are your commands. It works....I have used. 

8FDEC40D-DFA4-4E67-A3F7-D643984604E5.jpeg

Keep in mind your PM account would have to remain active for the duration. Apparently call forward calls do not count against your 100 minutes if you are on $15 plan. 

• the customer is not in the US. 
  • the sim card doesn't need to be in a working device once forwarded 
  • the sim card can be taken anywhere, but once the sim is installed in a working phone and trys to connect to a network the forward will be disabled.
  • text messages need an app to be able to forward
  • @summertinky if you've already left Canada it will be hard to forward your number. you would need someones help back in canada

@softech wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk   the issue with the sim card is,, if the person go to US and the sim card sees the US network, it will try to connect to it and the forwarding will be disabled.    Likely no such problem with another countries as PM does not have any roaming contracts elsewhere

Logically the SIM card can only be seen if it is in a phone. What’s the difference if the SIM sees a network in Canada or USA? The only way to disable call forwarding is by keying in the code while on the network. I would assume the call forward is done at the exchange* level....not at the phone level. 

* or what ever the correct terminology is. 

@CountyDownIeUk   the issue with the sim card is,, if the person go to US and the sim card sees the US network, it will try to connect to it and the forwarding will be disabled.    Likely no such problem with another countries as PM does not have any roaming contracts elsewhere

@HALIMACS 

(Your PM SIM card must be left in a device in CANADA, for this to work - it cannot receive/forward calls if it is physically abroad with you)   

Are you sure on the above? Hasn’t the call forward by-passed the phone altogether? 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

As mentioned.  

Get a voip number that Is a Canadian number. 

Make sure your voip number can call to your “outside Canada number”

Call forward  your PM number to your voip number. 

Have your voip number call forward to your “outside Canada number”

I recommend voip.ms. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@summertinky   sorry, this is not something you can do

however, there is a workaround , via VoIP

Get app TextNow, and pick a Canadian phone number

Then forward your PM number to TextNow.  

then you can install TextNow on any phone and use it anywhere in the world and the calls will go TextNow.  Textnow will work as long as you have Mobile Data and Wifi

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@summertinky 

You cannot use your PM device/service outside Canada, or the USA with the applicable roaming add-on.

To 'forward' calls, you need to get a VoiP app setup up that you can forward your PM calls to that number.  Your PM SIM card must be left in a device in CANADA, for this to work - it cannot receive/forward calls if it is physically abroad with you.   (EDIT:  this prior point is up for discussion per @CountyDownIeUk  & @softech  subsequent feedback.  Thank you.   This could be 'tested' by removing the PM SIM card from device and trying the forward services before leaving Canada)   

You should then be able to get calls 'forwarded' to that service abroad.

Need Help? Let's chat.