cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting number issue with esim, no response from private messages, unable to submit a ticket

Z_magic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good morning,

I signed up for public mobile last night for the $34/40G plan and chose the esim option.  There was an issue with porting my phone number, and I received a text from Public Mobile saying transferring failed despite I replied "yes" to the text requesting for number transfer.  The message indicating failure to port mentioned that someone from PM will contact me shortly.  I wasn't able to receive/send any messages or calls if I take out the physical sim from the service provider I intend to transfer my number from.  I wasn't able to log into My Account last night as well.

I tried again this morning to see if things get resolved.  After logging into my public mobile account, I see that the number I want to transfer is under my profile.  However, I believe there's an error, because I am still not able to receive / send texts or calls if I take out the physical sim.  My account with the service provider I intend to transfer the number from is still active (I have confirmed with them).

I saw in a previous post that one can initial another number transfer under My Account.  I tried this as well and it wasn't successful.  I also tried sending private messages to the CS_Agents but haven't received any replies.  I tried submitting a ticket for this but wasn't successful and got an error message.  It's been many hours since I signed up for Public Mobile, but I have not received any messages or reached out by anyone from the PM team yet.  I am wondering if there are any PM team members on this forum @CS_Agent , and if so, I really need your help for this.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

Z_magic

After speaking to an agent over the phone, the issue has been resolved.  Thank you @hTideGnow and @CS_Agent 

Z_magic

@CS_Agent  I think it would be helpful to let customers know where the porting process is.  I am now stuck with no service from the previous provider, not able to receive calls and send/receive texts.  While the number for the porting team can be reached now, the first successful attempted call was cut off during the middle of the conversation.  A second attempt to call back resulted in a long wait (I am still in the line for getting in touch with an agent).  It's been hours since I tried porting my number to public mobile, and this is turning into an extremely frustrating experience when customers are left behind in the dark in terms of what's going on.  

Z_magic

Hi @hTideGnow 

Just to update on the porting issue.  At the moment, I receive no service from my previous provider, and at the same time, I still cannot receive/send texts as well as receiving calls with Public Mobile.

Z_magic

Hi @hTideGnow 

I tried the number you just sent and wasn't able to reach any live person from Public Mobile.  It pointed me to Koodo Assist which I would not be able to get any callback until tomorrow.

hi @Z_magic then it is porting related 

Please call the porting team number i sent you 

Z_magic

Hi @hTideGnow 

Outbound calls are okay.  It's the incoming calls and receiving+sending text messages.  The esim is enabled.  I just tried resetting the network, and it didn't solve the issue.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Z_magic can you make outbound calls? if you cannot, it might not be porting problem yet

check if esim installed on the phone first. Check if it is enabled.  Try Reset All Networks 

I will also send you the porting team number and they can tell if you number is stuck in port or not

Need Help? Let's chat.