cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting from Zoomer Wireless

itsa_mia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello im trying to set up and having trouble porting my old number from Zoomer Wireless, its not on the list of carrier's. i selected Rodgers but thats incorrect.

please help

8 REPLIES 8

domo_shark
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi softech,

You were initially helping me in another thread, but it looks like I am having the same issues as itsa_mia in that when I originally attempted to activate my subscription and port my Zoomer number over, it seems like when the systems were slow on Friday, something happened and my PM account and when I was able to successfully log into PM, I saw my phone number listed was my existing Zoomer number.  I didn't receive a text or anything.  I, for some reason now have a PM issued phone number and I can make and receive calls and texts and stuff on it, but my Zoomer line of course is still active.  I contacted CS_Agent and they said that there was already a port in progress, but that was over a day ago.  I am not sure what to do other than maybe trying to port my number over again and see if that works?  Or perhaps I need to call the porting team?  

Ugh I am so lost 😞

@bbpublicmobile   Good advise. 

But you should have posted your question here earlier

The proper way is to call PM porting team and understand the situation first.   If you have posted the message, we would have sent you the number to call and it would save you from all the trouble.

bbpublicmobile

Hi everyone - I recently ported from zoomer to public mobile - and one lesson I can tell you all is if it doesn't work at first, don't attempt to do what some others say on here, like picking a random number with public mobile and then trying to port again. That messes up the first porting request which never finished and can cause a longer delay in order for them to fix things. If your first porting attempt from zoomer to public mobile fails, contact public mobile support and let them look into it!

Also had a strange thing too where zoomer never sent the SMS to authorize the port out request, but it was authorized (successfully).

@itsa_mia you likely need to call PM porting team and confirm if the information provided was correct, update them and ask then to re-trigger the porting request

I will send you the porting team number.  Chexk Community inbox for the number.  It is closed now, but call tomorrow morning. 

itsa_mia

i think im already beyond picking a carrier again without having to pick a new PM number and releasing my old number.

when i log into my account i see my number there (correct) but i didnt receive a text from my old carrier to let PM take over. zoomer told me they dont send texts out so im lost on the next step.

does that make sense? sorry i dont know about how phones work =(

@itsa_mia pick Cityfone, it is on the list

itsa_mia

i can't find the list now, ive looked all over.

@itsa_mia wrote:

hello im trying to set up and having trouble porting my old number from Zoomer Wireless, its not on the list of carrier's. i selected Rodgers but thats incorrect.

It's Cityfone in the list? They're the same company.

Need Help? Let's chat.