cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting a phone from Koodo to Public mobile to keep the number

RJC4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like to switch my phone from Koodo to Public Mobile and transfer the number se well. How do I do this?

8 REPLIES 8

@RJC4 

Sorry for the late reply…having breakfast.

Great that it worked for you but remember you can’t have 2 accounts on the 1 email address.

RJC4

Thanks, this makes the switch simple!

HI @RJC4 

if you have account with PM already, then login My Account, Profile and click Transfer Phone number there.  Enter the phone number and Koodo account number

RJC4

Sorry, I should have mentioned I want to switch phone, I already have accounts with both

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@RJC4 

You need to download the PM app on your phone then pick a plan.

When you have completed to step 6. Keep your Koodo SIM in your phone and wait for a text from Koodo confirming you are porting over to PM with YES within the 90 minute window.

The Koodo SIM will continue to work for 45 minute to 2 hours to complete the porting. When you see SOS on your phone. Power off your phone and switch the SIM and power back on the phone.

RJC4

I should have mentioned I wish to transfer to my account with Public, I want to switch the phone I'm presently using to another.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Initiate porting out at Koodo. Keep Koodo SIM in your phone. Reply YES on SMS from Koodo within 90 minutes. All done. Plug in PM SIM. In a few hours you should be able to use PM services.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RJC4 

Do you have a sim card yet?  get a Public Mobile sim card from

And are you poring from Koodo Prepaid or Postpaid acocunt?

If you are porting in from Koodo prepaid, you have to activate with a new number first.  Once activation completed and you can make calls and recieve calls, then you will need to open ticket with PM support for a manual porting request.

if you are porting from Kodoo Postpaid,  you canactivate your account by using the PM app (preferred way) or online on PM web site - https://www.publicmobile.ca/plans , pick a plan and click Subscibe.  (Please note you can start from the site but you will still need to download the app to complete the activation after the payment step).   
After the payment step, you will get to the phone number step.  You will request to Transfer your exiting number instead of picking a new number.  Please provide your current phone number and the account number of the old provider as the porting info.

Once activation is completed , still have the old provider sim card in your phone.  Your old provider will send you a SMS and ask your permission for the porting.  You need to reply YES within 90 mins for the porting to complete

Once replied yes, you can put your PM sim card in a phone and wait for incoming calls to come.  Reboot your phone ever 30 mins and test incoming call from another line.  If incoming call reaches your PM sim card, then the Porting is completed

Need Help? Let's chat.