cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ported landline to active PM number. now can't call into either number...

jj604
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday, I ported a landline number to an activated PM number.  Now I can't call through on either number, the landline gives 8uv1 (cannot connect), and the previous cell number gives a 6uv1 (not in service).

The PM site shows that the landline number is now the PM cell number, so looks like it is transferred.

I have not yet received a transfer successful text.  I've submitted a ticket via Simon/chat but haven't heard back yet. 

Am I being impatient? if so, what is the usual time it takes for a transfer to be completed?

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Public Mobile sends that stupid message saying we will call you which they don't with mobile ports but probably would with customers who do nothing and then come here wondering why their phone number changed 30 days later?

More specifically they do it for a landline ports or Number Barn or other phone numbers that would often be left as the alternate phone number because it's the only phone number that the customer has and when they get stuck it's not the typical issue like they didn't reply YES to the PAT.

But not leaving an alternate phone number would definitely not get you a phone call to assist with a stuck port.

@darlicious- I see the edit. I see more often that people have trouble with the port and then expect a call because it said so somewhere. But they don't. So they ask here. I guess then that that would mean that they didn't supply an alternate number.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust c

Yes it has been reported by customers porting a landline that public mobile will call the alternate phone number especially in cases of landline ports. It is also used by the tech team for technical issues when accounts or phone numbers have been cut off and the tech team needs to speak with the customer to troubleshoot.

@darlicious wrote:

If an alternate number was supplied in the public mobile self-serve account that the landline is being ported to if there are any issues that number would be called if they cannot complete the port request.

@darlicious- Do you know for a fact or from experience that they actually call? Or do they just say they might but never do?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jj604 

Who was the landline provider? That makes a big difference in how long a ported landline takes to complete. If it is from a regular provider like tell us or Bell it takes generally 3 business days to complete the port.

Since you initiated the port request on Saturday that can be causing part of the delay in your port completing. Landline Port requests along with VoIP provider requests or other unusual number Port request should always be initiated during the regular business week of Monday to Friday not counting the holidays which are not regular business days. Best to make these Port requests on the Monday or Tuesday so that they complete within the same business week.

If your landline came from a smaller provider or a voip provider or from number barn or a holding service all of these will take between three to seven business days and on occasion they can take up to 14 business days such as number Barn can be particularly long to complete port requests due to their policies and process.

I would expect your report to complete probably on Wednesday or Thursday. Now that you have been supplied with the teleporting department number you can call for an update on your Port request.

If an alternate number was supplied in the public mobile self-serve account that the landline is being ported to if there are any issues that number would be called if they cannot complete the port request.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jj604   landline take at least 3 to 7 business days to transfer.  I am pretty sure it is not completed if you just requeted porting yesterday.  

The 8uv1 issue is likely from your current landline provider. So, call them back and ask if there is any service issue. 

But there is a number to call for porting status.  I will send you the number to your Community inbox.  But there is no point to call this week. I would wait unless till Friday or next Monday before calling.  Again, porting landline takes 3 to 7 business days 

@jj604 wrote:

I am able to call out on the cell and it says it is from the ported landline number, so looks like partially transferred status. When calling the ported number, the call can not be completed. It is good to know that this is the last thing that ports over.  The landline is at my parent's house, so I can't check to see if they can call out still.  They can't get incoming calls as when I call the number it doesn't go through (either to landline or cell).  Hopefully, the incoming calls will be connected soon to the cell phone.  

That isn't an indication of paritally transferred.  Public Mobile assigns the requested phone number to your account immediately, even before the request is sent to the old carrier.  This is just the way Public Mobile does things.  Some other carriers do not change the number on your new account until porting if fully finished. 

jj604
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am able to call out on the cell and it says it is from the ported landline number, so looks like partially transferred status. When calling the ported number, the call can not be completed. It is good to know that this is the last thing that ports over.  The landline is at my parent's house, so I can't check to see if they can call out still.  They can't get incoming calls as when I call the number it doesn't go through (either to landline or cell).  Hopefully, the incoming calls will be connected soon to the cell phone.  

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@jj604 

3 to 5 business days to transfer your landline number, if you need yo know the status transfer open ticket with Customer Support Agent Chatbot

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jj604  - you should be receiving a mix of services after porting a landline to public.

Have you tried to restart your cell phone with the sim inside?

Incoming calls are the last to port over. So when incoming calls come to your cell, that is usually a good sign the port is complete. Do not cancel your landline, as the porting process should take care of that.

edit, if you ported a landline, you don't have a previous sim card to receive a text from your landline provider. As long as you provided your account and name under that account, port should be okay to go...if landline is still active, that is.

Respond to your ticket if you have not heard back since yesterday.

Landlines can take 3+ days to complete...but you should have all services working on your cell (exception is incoming calls...use your landline for incoming until port is complete).

Need Help? Let's chat.