cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Payment Issue

ucpollux
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to activate a new sim card with a new plan. Upon getting to the payment page, I am getting an error message "(We were not able to process your payment. Make sure all information is correct or try again with a different card)". Tried many different cards but same issue. Upon calling the bank, they said it has been approved with $0 so issue is with the merchant. Any idea what is wrong?

13 REPLIES 13

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ucpollux 

You can also contact customer support in the morning and explain the situation and ask if they can retrieve the phone number you had originally during your activation.

There is a possibility that the number you had chosen was already taken moments before but a period is available to you or perhaps it was an active number accidentally released which was creating the error for activation. But a CSA will be able to see if that number is available in the number pool and if so will likely be able to assign it to your account. If it's not available then you know why you had an issue.

As suggested you can always peruse the available numbers in the change number feature in your self-serve account to see if you find another one that you might also take a fancy to? New phone numbers get released each morning so you can always have your coffee and check for the new numbers released each day.

Oh good. If you like then, after you settle in to your new provider (did you transfer a number?) you can change your number 4 times each 30 days. You can go into your account profile and go into change number and refresh a bunch of times until a preferred number shows up. It could take a while. Another way is to choose a different city and then change back to your preferred city (that list has it's own limitations too) and that will also refresh numbers.

ucpollux

I am on my laptop the whole time. Google chrome and incognito site didnt work. Finally Firefox private window works but it is not as good # now. guess it finally works. Thank you again.

@ucpollux 

tried refreshing will be come the number back.

ucpollux

Thank you. With new broswer, it wont give the same number back. I might try online chat tomorrow to see if I can get that number back. Thanks again.

If you're on mobile, do you have access to a non-mobile browser? I'm not sure desktop mode on mobile makes a difference but maybe it does.

@ucpollux 

if from browser mobile Chrome, go view in desktop mode.

1. Tap on the menu options.
  2. Select the checkbox against the Desktop site.
  3. and clear cache and cookies and use one page incognito.

here link for photo  View Desktop Site.  check it out how to do it.

your issue in your browser tried to update or install Microsoft Edge.

ucpollux

Google Chrome. Visa/MC for CIBC, BMO.... all tried. Even calling the bank and said it is approved to $0. Bank said it is the Merchant issue as she can see it approved.

@ucpollux 

which browser use it? and which credit card brand?

Edit: Accepted payments for activation (publicmobile.ca)

I added more to my previous reply while you were typing. Could you review.

ucpollux

I am trying to activate a sim card and going thru step 1,2,3,4 and at step 4 is the payment page. Once I input my credit card info (canada credit card) and click on "Activate sim card", then it give me the error message.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Adding - The above post was edited from a misunderstanding of the question.

@ucpollux- Are the cards from Canada or US with Canada or US addresses? Do you have limit room? Are the cards still valid?

Adding - is the name and postal code entered on the first screen the same as your card billing name and postal code?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@ucpollux 

use browser from computer,/clear cache/cookies/use one page inPrivate mode,

or safari on private mode,

Need Help? Let's chat.