cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

port troubling

surajnatt1998
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

it shows me that my number is not a valid canadian number and do not allow me to port

4 REPLIES 4

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@surajnatt1998 

the error " is not a canadian number" is either because 

1.  you are trying to port in from Koodo prepaid
  2. or  you have attempted activation once and saw some error and you decided to re-attempt to activate a second time.  But the early activation attempt was holding up the porting request

If you are porting in from Koodo prepaid, you have to activate with a new number first.  Once activation completed and you can make calls and recieve calls, then you will need to open ticket with PM support for a manual porting request.

if you are NOT porting in from Koodo prepaid but was re-attempting the activation a second time, you will have to open tickte with PM support and have them to clear up the earlier activation attemp

Please open ticket with them by direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@BKNS27 wrote:

@surajnatt1998 

Is your old carrier Koodo or Telus?

If it is, just pick a temporary new number then contact a CS_Agent to complete the porting of you old number.

Contact a CS_Agent by typing Submit a Ticket on SIMon Chatbot on the bottom of the page or private message on the envelope icon above.

I will pm you the Porting Department to completing the porting.

As porting has not yet been initriated, the Porting Department should not be contacted.  Also, only porting from a Koodo prepaid account requires the help of a Public Mobile CSA.  Porting from a postpaid Koodo account or a Telus account can be done from within the Self Serve account.

@surajnatt1998 wrote:

it shows me that my number is not a valid canadian number and do not allow me to port

This error message includes an unclear choice of wording.  It only means that porting can't be done during activation or that the number isn't eligible to be ported to Public Mobile.  Which city is the phone number from?  Not all phone numbers can be ported to specific carriers.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@surajnatt1998 

Is your old carrier Koodo or Telus?

If it is, just pick a temporary new number then contact a CS_Agent to complete the porting of you old number.

Contact a CS_Agent by typing Submit a Ticket on SIMon Chatbot on the bottom of the page or private message on the envelope icon above.

I will pm you the Porting Department to completing the porting.

Need Help? Let's chat.