cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone number

aPaulclayton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

we moved from Calgary to Lethbridge. apparently my 587 number is long distance if you call locally from Lethbridge is there a way to keep my current number and make it so when people call me from in the same city its not long distance 

3 REPLIES 3

hi @Sansan 

the phone number lock is so expensive now  😞

@hTideGnow I activated textnow on two phones. It would give reminders to use once every 30 days to avoid loss. I forgot about one of them and it was lost,  so I had to pick a new number.

The other number, I used all the time. They always out annoying adds each time. Then it said if I watched so many ads, I could get the number locked it for one year without losing it if i don't use it. So that's what I did.

Still get adds, though.  Unless we pay  (not), then they always will put adds.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @aPaulclayton 

sorry, you cannot. this is something setup and agree by all telecom, not a Public Mobile settings

you can however get a VoIP number from free from app like TextNow.  Download , setup and pick a Lethbridge number and give that to your Lethbridge friends  But remember, in order to keep the Textnow , you need to use the line at least once a week or once every 2 weeks

Need Help? Let's chat.